Daily Nano-Reef water changes.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

macman7010

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have been changing the water in my office nano tank about 3 times a week. I just added a sea horse that needs to be fed frozen mysis which I think will dirty up the water. I was thinking about doing daily 1.5-3 gallon changes on the nano. Anyone tried this approach, and if so with good success. I ordered the Current USA Fission skimmer but it wont be here till tuesday.

Get a few nassarius snails, and fill the back compartments of your nano with LR rubble. You may want to get some macro in there as well. I have some grape calupra in my mantis nanos and it keeps water quality perfect. This would also server as a good place for your horses to wrap their tails around. I would be worries about 3 gal changes on a nano. This could cause much stress on a tank this small.

is this the 12 gallon nano in your profile? If so I think 3gallons a day would be a bit much, thats a daily 25% water change.

if you're worried about how much the frozen mysis will foul your water you could try thawing out a whole package at a time, draining the filth it sits in and rinsing it with RO water and refreezing. Or thawing a few chunks at a time and doing the above.

Back
Top Bottom