Damn hitchhiker crab

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gilly

Aquarium Advice Regular
Damn crab ate 2 fire shrimp and my cleaner shrimp. I had not clue why they were missing until i saw a crab munching away on my fire shrimp. :cry: I had my liverock for at least 6months now and this crab came from no where. How can that be possible?

Ouch, those are expensive meals. Did you see what color his claws were. I have a rock crab that came with my LR, all i seen him eat was off the Liverock so far. He has white claws and i beleive they are pretty docile towards fish and inverts. I had my yellow watchman right next to him and he didnt bite him yet. I heard black claw crabs are the ones you have to worry about.

It very likely has been hiding in your liverock all this time. I had one for a year I didn't know was there til he was to big to hide anymore. He was decimating my snail population. Between him and a mantis. Most crabs are scavangers though so are you sure he's killing the shrimp, or is he just cleaning it up?

Back
Top Bottom