Damsel and Marron Dead

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MississippiFishGuy

Aquarium Advice Activist
Everything has been going fine in my tank lately but this one thing. I had recently added (2) Two Striped Damsels to my tank. The next week I added on more. But it wouldn't go by the other two. The next day it along with my two Marron clowns are found dead. Was it the other damsels are did the marrons become aggressive and fight how could I know.

Damsels are nasty and in my opinion should not be a common fish in a SW aquarium.... but that's just me... My guess is that your two damsels if they stay together and are not fighting... are a pair, in which case you are going to have a hard time putting anything else in that tank. If they are not a pair, then they will probably fight until one is dead.

Greenmaster said:
Damsels are nasty and in my opinion should not be a common fish in a SW aquarium.... but that's just me... My guess is that your two damsels if they stay together and are not fighting... are a pair, in which case you are going to have a hard time putting anything else in that tank. If they are not a pair, then they will probably fight until one is dead.

They dont bother any of my other fish at all. I have 1 Yellow Tang, 4 Clowns(false percula), 1 Sailfin Tang, 1 Flaco Hawkfish, 1 Pajama Chardinal, and 3 Blue Damsels

They dont bother any of my other fish at all. I have 1 Yellow Tang, 4 Clowns(false percula), 1 Sailfin Tang, 1 Flaco Hawkfish, 1 Pajama Chardinal, and 3 Blue Damsels

Something I found about "Blue Damsels" on a fish sales website. "This is probably one of the least aggressive of all the damsels, but can still be aggressive nonetheless." emphasis on the CAN.

This is what they say about the 3 striped. "they may become quite aggressive among themselves, and toward other tankmates." "When dealing with several Damsels in one aquarium, plenty of rockwork and hiding places are necessary in order to keep quarrels to a minimum."

I think that damsels can be good but they can be bad... personally I don't play Russian roulette.

The only thing I would use a damsel for is a fish in cycle... after witch I would flush it, feed it to my dog, or return it to the store... But I won't do a fish in cycle so ya no damsels for me... well except maybe the small chromis that kill each other off some times but are too small to kill anyone else.

Back
Top Bottom