damsel missing for 72hrs...any ideas?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

srgetz

Aquarium Advice Freak
i have a 45g with 50lb fiji / tonga lr and 1 domino, 2 yellowtail, and a saddleback damsel, there are no other creatures. they have been in the tank 2 weeks and have seemed happy & healthy. we noticed one of the yellowtails missing tuesday so i decided to give him time to come out of hiding and yesterday i picked up all the lr and could not find him there or outside the tank/ filter. any ideas? thanks, we are just worried and baffled...

if you need any more info on my tank see the link here:
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/viewtopic.php?t=16644&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=10

He may have found a nice hole or crevice in your LR. I had a yellow-tail with a similar dissaperance. He failed to show for a while. So i did the same frantic check of all possible places. Took all the LR out and no sighn. Went to put the LR back in and he was on the carpet. He made it through the horrifying ordeal and is fat and happy now. Hopefully yours is in a crevice as well. Good Luck finding him.

Andrew

carpet surfing? hehe
i know one of my damsels was missing once and he actually dug himself a hole in the gravel on the bottom and backed himself into it, you could barely see his head. either that or he could be hidden by some rock.

just a few ideas.

Back
Top Bottom