Damsel V damsel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Marinebeginner

Aquarium Advice Regular
I added a 4 stripe damsel to my tank today, previous inhabitants - 1 clown fish and a blue damsel.
Blue damsel only been in for about 4 weeks but is totally pestering the new damsel. I know damsels are renowned for being aggressive little monsters- which is why i chose another damsel- will they ever be able to live in harmony ? Will new damsel grow some balls and defend himself ?!
Poor new damsel now hiding in a corner of tank . :-(

Eh, ok! Well that's brief and to the point I guess....How does anyone end up with more than one or two damsels then ? I didn't want to add too many fish at once when I started.

They buy them as small juveniles and get lucky..some do fine with others while some do not.....

Ok, thanks. My damsels are both babies, only inch long maximum and first damsel has only been in tank for about four weeks. Will keep my fingers crossed. I also added some new live rock and changed landscaping slightly to provide territories for them both.
I think there is marginally less nipping and just mostly tail swiping today..... Or maybe am just trying to convince myself- lol!
Four stripe damsel has been allowed out of his corner for now. He is certainly not allowed near the leather finger though !!

Back
Top Bottom