Damsels Only?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

stagert86

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I am thinking about changing a 60 gallon cube to a damsel only tank. I know some have success and others don't. Does anyone have any suggestions on which ones to put in together? I can add most at once because I'll be transferring several other fish to another tank. Looking at the damsels on bluezooaquatics.com
Thanks!

yellow tailed damsels are colorful and peaceful. If you want something aggressive I advise the blue devil.

I was hoping to get a good color selection. Some blue, some yellow and then red as well. Is it too big of a risk to mix several different kinds? I wouldn't mind putting 3-4 of each one but still have 3 or so different colored ones.

I like the black and white striped damsel. They have personality and like to hide in caves and watch others swim by.

So it would be a bad idea if I bought 3 black spot red, 3 black and gold, 3 yellowtail and 3 Allen's damselfish? Or something like that.

I like the black and white striped damsel. They have personality and like to hide in caves and watch others swim by.

Aren't the black and white striped ones very aggressive? Even towards other damsels? Just trying to read all I can before ordering anything!

It's better to have more than 3 for each like 5 or 7 but limit the variety. They are school fish and it's nice to watch them swim together; However, they have tendency to bully the smallest one.

Aren't the black and white striped ones very aggressive? Even towards other damsels? Just trying to read all I can before ordering anything!

This is what I am reading but the one I have is very shy and is usually picked on. My yellow tail damsel is the terror of the tank.

All fish have different personalities so some normally peaceful damsels may also be aggressive

Interesting topic! Gary Parr from the Reef Threads podcast is currently in the process of breaking down his 65g mixed reef and changing it over to a damsel only soft coral tank. He spoke at length about research he has been doing in a few of the podcasts and episode 121 he speaks about a successful damsel only tank he came across. I'd check it out if you are interested in this type of tank.

Blue fin damsel fish is very very awesome i have one and a bi colour chromis in my39 gallon

Back
Top Bottom