dangerous algae?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Renee

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have been running a salt water tank now for 3 months, i have 3 small fish & a arrow crab. I have been waiting to buy a algae eater till there was plenty to go around. On the back glass the algae is green hair with some rust color patches but on the gravel of the tank it looks BLACK I went & bought 2 turbo snails & placed them on the biggest patches they started to eat it, but then our anemone died & took the snails & arrow crab with it, 3 fish are fine. I though the anemone killed all the invertabrates but i bought a arrow crab & 2 more snails & the snails have died. Is it the BLACK algae or bad luck?

A 3 month old tank is to young for any anenome. When they die they can poison an entire tank. If you have not already I would do a good water change.

IF it is black alage it would normally be a good type. Hair alage growing means that your phosphate levels are to high or to low try testing that. Hope i'm some help

Back
Top Bottom