Dangers of Leaving Your Mother In Charge..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hypostomus

Aquarium Advice Freak
What follows is a rough approximation of a conversation I had with my mother about our 20g saltwater tank at home as we were going to dinner (this is my last night at college before summer break).

"So if I can sell off that stuff [referring to another tank] I can probably get enough money to get you guys a nice protein skimmer. Then I'll set up the tank with some eggcrate so you don't have to lift the light up every time you want to feed the fish."
"Yeah- one of the legs holding the light up broke anyway..they didn't work very well."
"Oh. Yeah, that'll be good then. And with the skimmer, if the readings work out, we might be able to get another fish."
"There's another one in there."
"And I was looking into getting you some rico-- what?"
"There's uhm...another fish."
"....what?"
"I bought one."
"What kind of fish?"
"One of those blue damselfish. There were two but one died and we couldn't find it."
"..... You said you weren't going to buy any more fish until I got home."
"But the girl at the pet store talked me into it!"

End.

:|

Right now it has an ocellaris clown, a scarlet cleaner shrimp, an emerald crab, 13 blue-leg hermits, an assortment of snails, a pearl bubble coral, an elephant-ear mushroom, a plethora of red mushrooms, two unidentified creatures (sedentary) on some liverock, some Caulerpa sp..

...and apparently one blue damsel that's going straight back to the LFS this weekend when I get home.

Back
Top Bottom