DanS Future 90 gallon reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
And this is the homemade canopy.. decent shape, other than the panel on the front, will have to be redone.. thinking of painting everything black :) tell me what u think!!
ForumRunner_20121103_184657.jpg

Also is that outlet to the left in the pic the only one? Perhaps you might want to move the tank before you add water to hide the jungle of cords you will have.

I'd paint it black. I didn't want to say anything about the brown incase you liked it, but if painting is an option I would definitely paint it black.

Oh its definitely getting painted! Lol and yeah that outlet is the one I'm using.. gonna move the tank over eventually, but I have so much to do with it right now so I figured it'd be okay right there for now lol

Looks like someone else loves the tank just as much as me haha

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20121103_190757.jpg
    ForumRunner_20121103_190757.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 96
Haha. Glad you got some life in there. I'd add a bit more color though, the brown and black doesn't attract the eye so much. ;)

obscurereef said:
Haha. Glad you got some life in there. I'd add a bit more color though, the brown and black doesn't attract the eye so much. ;)

Lmao.. the minute I set the tank up, she jumped on top and dived in lol she's always so curious

obscurereef said:
Haha uh oh, hopefully she's not so curious and goes fishing and brings you a gift!

Lol well I had the top off.. I'm gonna have to figure out something tho bc I'm almost positive I wanna hang LEDs up

Build a screen top. I doubt your cat will be able to jump up anyway with the lights hanging, but if you want to get a wrasse and/or a firefish you'll want a top. BRS has a video on a DIY screen top. I bought the screen and spline roller from them and got window frames and spline from Home Depot. Wasn't too hard to make. Need a saw to cut the metal frames though.

obscurereef said:
Build a screen top. I doubt your cat will be able to jump up anyway with the lights hanging, but if you want to get a wrasse and/or a firefish you'll want a top. BRS has a video on a DIY screen top. I bought the screen and spline roller from them and got window frames and spline from Home Depot. Wasn't too hard to make. Need a saw to cut the metal frames though.

Yeah I thought of a screen top.. but if I did do one the mesh would have to be very fine bc I'm planning on having a snowflake eel

obscurereef said:
When you said fine, you mean small? I got 1/4"...I doubt even a baby can get through that.

Yeah, like really tiny openings so 1. The eel can't get thru and 2. My cat won't fall in incase she does get on top lol

Yeah it's too small for an eel to get out if you fit it correctly. It's pretty strong too. Just tested it out and put some pressure on it and it's fine, I'm sure it will hold a cat if need be :lol:.

obscurereef said:
Yeah it's too small for an eel to get out if you fit it correctly. It's pretty strong too. Just tested it out and put some pressure on it and it's fine, I'm sure it will hold a cat if need be :lol:.

Awesome.. yeah I think I saw BRS had some type of kit so I'll probably get that

I'm debating on cleaning the tank tonight lol I feel lazy tho

Yeah the kit is pretty expensive. If you're willing to go to a hardware store they'll have the same stuff (except for the netting..couldn't find clear 1/4" netting) for half what BRS is selling it as. It's going to look so new when it's clean and painted black.

obscurereef said:
Yeah the kit is pretty expensive. If you're willing to go to a hardware store they'll have the same stuff (except for the netting..couldn't find clear 1/4" netting) for half what BRS is selling it as. It's going to look so new when it's clean and painted black.

Yeah I'll decide on which route I wanna go.. and yeah it will look great hopefully, any tips on cleaning off dried up coralline? And a dried up seaweed filled overflow? Lol

DanS180 said:
Yeah I'll decide on which route I wanna go.. and yeah it will look great hopefully, any tips on cleaning off dried up coralline? And a dried up seaweed filled overflow? Lol

Vinegar is your best bet. Spray it on and leave it sit for a little bit or if your willing to do it fill it up with some vinegar water and leave it sit for a lil bit.

Back
Top Bottom