Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-09-2013, 06:10 PM   #1181
Aquarium Advice Addict

okay in other news, decided to try some Chromis again, bought 2 of them and drip acclimated them for about an hour/hour half. they both are swimming around together looking good so far.

On another note, i got my other light in the mail today, everything works except the white light DOESN'T DIM! ughhh waiting to hear back from the seller.

Old 01-09-2013, 06:18 PM   #1182
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanS180 View Post
okay in other news, decided to try some Chromis again, bought 2 of them and drip acclimated them for about an hour/hour half. they both are swimming around together looking good so far.

On another note, i got my other light in the mail today, everything works except the white light DOESN'T DIM! ughhh waiting to hear back from the seller.
Hooray!! New fish! Also, I hope the seller sends you a new light.

Old 01-09-2013, 06:25 PM   #1183
Aquarium Advice Addict

I hope your chromis do good, mine only lasted a couple days. Drip acclimation is best, hopefully they'll hold up.

sorry to hear about your light, hopefully like bearchumjs said, they'll replace it im sure.
TommyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 07:16 PM   #1184
Aquarium Advice Addict

Yeah I'm not worried about it getting replaced, there's definitely a warranty on the sellers auction page. I just hate that I have to wait even longer now lol
Old 01-09-2013, 11:12 PM   #1185
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Not right now, but down the line, how does everyone feel about me skipping on the Six Line wrasse and getting a Christmas wrasse???
I would suggest (since its down the line) going with a Mystery Wrasse. I love mine. One of the most beautiful fish I've ever had.
Old 01-09-2013, 11:14 PM   #1186
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanMonster View Post

I would suggest (since its down the line) going with a Mystery Wrasse. I love mine. One of the most beautiful fish I've ever had.
I've thought of a mystery wrasse but my lfs has one for $100 lol they're so expensive lol
Old 01-09-2013, 11:17 PM   #1187
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:

I've thought of a mystery wrasse but my lfs has one for $100 lol they're so expensive lol
Yeah, that's about what I payed. They are a "save up your money" fish but, IMO, they are well worth it. Just can't beat the color, markings, and motion.
Old 01-09-2013, 11:20 PM   #1188
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Not right now, but down the line, how does everyone feel about me skipping on the Six Line wrasse and getting a Christmas wrasse???
I just almost bought a Christmas wrasse for my tank last week. I talked with the guys at the store and they steered me after from it and toward a solar fairy wrasse. The said that the Christmas is a more aggressive and if you wanted to add other wrasses later it could be an issue. They said that the fairy wrasses (Cirrhilabrus spp.) are a much more forgiving group and tend to do better if you decide to add more wrasses later. I totally agree though that the Christmas is pretty awesome looking. Check out the elegant fairy wrasse though. They are sweet.
Old 01-09-2013, 11:20 PM   #1189
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanMonster View Post

Yeah, that's about what I payed. They are a "save up your money" fish but, IMO, they are well worth it. Just can't beat the color, markings, and motion.
Nah I hear ya haha.. every time I go to my LFS, they have an Xmas wrasse that's been for while and its already maybe 3inches for $48.. not bad I suppose lol
Old 01-09-2013, 11:22 PM   #1190
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bioteacher View Post

I just almost bought a Christmas wrasse for my tank last week. I talked with the guys at the store and they steered me after from it and toward a solar fairy wrasse. The said that the Christmas is a more aggressive and if you wanted to add other wrasses later it could be an issue. They said that the fairy wrasses (Cirrhilabrus spp.) are a much more forgiving group and tend to do better if you decide to add more wrasses later. I totally agree though that the Christmas is pretty awesome looking. Check out the elegant fairy wrasse though. They are sweet.
Yeah I keep getting mixed feelings on these Xmas wrasses. Some say reef safe, others day they're not.. so who knows. I'll look into other ones as well thanks for your input!

Tags
90 gallon, reef

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com