Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-12-2013, 08:17 PM   #1211
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearchumjs View Post

Make sure you show us pictures if the new fish I'm sure you will be bringing home!
No fish today unfortunately I'm gonna wait for the blue dot, mainly bc I'm very very close to getting $60 off any purchase. Any other fish I can add ahead of the jawfish? The LFS doesn't have the dartfish

Old 01-12-2013, 08:21 PM   #1212
Aquarium Advice Addict

The clowns are the only other fish I would consider adding at this point and to be quite honest if the tank was any smaller I wouldnt since they can become pretty territorial some times. Mine actually just attacked me two days ago. Had a family stop down for some frags and they were talking about how they would "play" with their hands when in the tank and I told em just wait til they are more mature they can get quite territorial and no sooner did I finish my sentence did my female come darting across the tank smashing into my hand since I was grabbing some of HER xenia lmao.

Old 01-12-2013, 08:43 PM   #1213
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrc8858 View Post
The clowns are the only other fish I would consider adding at this point and to be quite honest if the tank was any smaller I wouldnt since they can become pretty territorial some times. Mine actually just attacked me two days ago. Had a family stop down for some frags and they were talking about how they would "play" with their hands when in the tank and I told em just wait til they are more mature they can get quite territorial and no sooner did I finish my sentence did my female come darting across the tank smashing into my hand since I was grabbing some of HER xenia lmao.
Oh I know what u mean dude! My male occy clown bites my hand all the time in the 29. He's like, defending his territory or something lol

Well I'm still unsure of the clowns at this point anyways. Any other recommendations instead of the clowns?
Old 01-12-2013, 08:45 PM   #1214
Aquarium Advice Addict

Not really. : / you could always get more coral haha
Old 01-12-2013, 08:49 PM   #1215
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrc8858 View Post
Not really. : / you could always get more coral haha
Agreed. Go buy a Duncan or some sweet zoas... Maybe a frogspawn, shrooms or a brain?

Speaking of coral... What's the story with the eBay light?
Old 01-12-2013, 09:03 PM   #1216
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearchumjs View Post

Agreed. Go buy a Duncan or some sweet zoas... Maybe a frogspawn, shrooms or a brain?

Speaking of coral... What's the story with the eBay light?
Yeah maybe I will get some more corals, I just moved my green hammer over from my 29. Didn't feel it was doing well enough under the T5.

I sent back the old light with tracking information, as soon as he gets it, he'll send out a new one ALONG with the shipping fee I had to pay to send it back($17.24)

Waiting patiently now lol
Old 01-12-2013, 09:58 PM   #1217
Aquarium Advice Addict

I'd definitely skip the blue hippo. Clowns can be made very tame by hand feeding them. I had one that was so tame he would host in my hand and when I would curl my fingers he would lay down in them! Every time. He was nippy and mean at first but after I began to give him his food right from my fingers he became super attached.

Blue dots are the ultimate. *swoons* I'd never pay for one though.
Old 01-12-2013, 10:24 PM   #1218
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorallineAlgae View Post
I'd definitely skip the blue hippo. Clowns can be made very tame by hand feeding them. I had one that was so tame he would host in my hand and when I would curl my fingers he would lay down in them! Every time. He was nippy and mean at first but after I began to give him his food right from my fingers he became super attached.

Blue dots are the ultimate. *swoons* I'd never pay for one though.
Yeah I'm sure everyone wants me to skip the blue hippo but id really like to have one. Still aways from that day tho.

Maybe I should try n feed my other clowns by hand. Try and calm down the male lol he's a feisty lil guy.

And yes the blue dot is very expensive but they're sooooo awesome!! Lol
Old 01-12-2013, 10:44 PM   #1219
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanS180

Yeah I'm sure everyone wants me to skip the blue hippo but id really like to have one. Still aways from that day tho.

Maybe I should try n feed my other clowns by hand. Try and calm down the male lol he's a feisty lil guy.

And yes the blue dot is very expensive but they're sooooo awesome!! Lol
Skip it.. I mean its really just not smart. Being smart about what fish you get seperates the noobs from the intelligent and experienced, which do you want to be?
Old 01-12-2013, 10:52 PM   #1220
Aquarium Advice Freak

My fam really wants a hippo tang too but they just get too big for our 54g ans since we cannot stock sw lile we can fw I am holding out for better stock

LED lights
Spicemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
90 gallon, reef

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com