Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
 
Old 01-12-2013, 11:18 PM   #1221
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
DanS180's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Blackwood, NJ
Posts: 3,346
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nu-Nu the eel View Post

Skip it.. I mean its really just not smart. Being smart about what fish you get seperates the noobs from the intelligent and experienced, which do you want to be?
Yeah and ive seen u write this on someone else's thread lol I understand where you're coming from, TRUST ME, I do. But as I've stated before, id really like to have one. I've done enough research on em and understand what kind of timetable I have. I understand people are going to have a problem with it and not agree(aka tang police) but its my tank and I will do what I choose to, and I'm saying this is nicest possible way, believe me. Not arguing, just telling u how I feel that's all.
__________________

__________________
DanS180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 11:29 PM   #1222
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Nu-Nu the eel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: So Cal
Posts: 5,455
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanS180

Yeah and ive seen u write this on someone else's thread lol I understand where you're coming from, TRUST ME, I do. But as I've stated before, id really like to have one. I've done enough research on em and understand what kind of timetable I have. I understand people are going to have a problem with it and not agree(aka tang police) but its my tank and I will do what I choose to, and I'm saying this is nicest possible way, believe me. Not arguing, just telling u how I feel that's all.
Your choice, maybe some day you will change your mind and be able to pass on good advice about how to care for tangs. Until then, good luck.
__________________

__________________
Nu-Nu the eel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 11:40 PM   #1223
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Bearchumjs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Red Mountain WA
Posts: 3,415
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanS180 View Post

Yeah and ive seen u write this on someone else's thread lol I understand where you're coming from, TRUST ME, I do. But as I've stated before, id really like to have one. I've done enough research on em and understand what kind of timetable I have. I understand people are going to have a problem with it and not agree(aka tang police) but its my tank and I will do what I choose to, and I'm saying this is nicest possible way, believe me. Not arguing, just telling u how I feel that's all.
I think that as long as you know what to expect and have a plan in place of what you are going to do when it outgrows your tank than it should be fine. And the tangs are going to be the last things added, right? I seem to remember you saying you're going to be getting a bigger tank later on anyway, right? I don't see a problem at all because you are aware of what's to come as the fish grows. A 1' tang needs 180 gallons. A 6 inch tang doesn't. It will at some point though. Anyway... I digress.

Can the LFS order the dart fish? I'm jealous you're getting one! And a sleeper goby too for that matter! I guess I can't be too jealous since I finally have my damselfish.
__________________
Some people like cucumbers better pickled.
Bearchumjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 11:45 PM   #1224
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
DanS180's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Blackwood, NJ
Posts: 3,346
I'm gonna Ignore the tang situation bc I really don't feel like getting into an argument online. But anyways yes you are right about what we discussed before about me upgrading.

And yeah the girl at the LFS said I could email her boss and ask him to special order so I'll be doing that... actually, I'll be doing that right now
__________________
DanS180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 12:16 AM   #1225
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Bearchumjs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Red Mountain WA
Posts: 3,415
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanS180 View Post
I'm gonna Ignore the tang situation bc I really don't feel like getting into an argument online. But anyways yes you are right about what we discussed before about me upgrading.

And yeah the girl at the LFS said I could email her boss and ask him to special order so I'll be doing that... actually, I'll be doing that right now
Oh yay!! And by the way... We need pics of the chromis, if you don't mind.
__________________
Some people like cucumbers better pickled.
Bearchumjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 12:18 AM   #1226
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
DanS180's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Blackwood, NJ
Posts: 3,346
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearchumjs View Post

Oh yay!! And by the way... We need pics of the chromis, if you don't mind.
Yeah yeah yeah, they'll be up tomorrow promise.
__________________
DanS180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 02:09 PM   #1227
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
DanS180's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Blackwood, NJ
Posts: 3,346
LFS got back to me, dartfish will be in stock this coming week
__________________
DanS180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 05:23 PM   #1228
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Bearchumjs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Red Mountain WA
Posts: 3,415
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanS180 View Post
LFS got back to me, dartfish will be in stock this coming week

Awesome!!

Well hopefully it is and your LFS keeps their word... Unlike you, who hasn't posted pics yet.
__________________
Some people like cucumbers better pickled.
Bearchumjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 06:27 PM   #1229
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
TommyP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 1,227
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearchumjs View Post
Awesome!!

Well hopefully it is and your LFS keeps their word... Unlike you, who hasn't posted pics yet.
Dan, rinse with cold water, repeat as needed because you just got burnedddddddd lol.

in all seriousness though, pics would be cool.
__________________
Salt Life
55g Reef tank
30g Freshwater tank
TommyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 07:17 PM   #1230
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
DanS180's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Blackwood, NJ
Posts: 3,346
That was a good one lol but here ya go! Best pic I could get of all 4 of em

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20130113_181637.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	38.3 KB
ID:	144017
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20130113_181652.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	63.3 KB
ID:	144018  
__________________

__________________
DanS180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
90 gallon, reef

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off








» Photo Contest Winners








Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:43 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.