Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
 
Old 01-24-2013, 04:09 PM   #1321
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Mrc8858's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 5,834
No problem Dan lol
__________________

__________________
Mrc8858 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 08:33 PM   #1322
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
DanS180's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Blackwood, NJ
Posts: 3,346
Okay, went to my LFS, bought a maxi-jet 1200(bc it was surprisingly $1 cheaper than BRS) and bought a Koralia 1050 PH.

Also placed an order for the GFO Reactor and some GFO and Carbon media from BRS.

Did a water change and siphoned out as much cyano as I possibly could. Now with another powerhead in there, guess we'll see how it turns out
__________________

__________________
DanS180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 10:12 PM   #1323
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
SeanMonster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 1,261
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanS180 View Post
Okay, went to my LFS, bought a maxi-jet 1200(bc it was surprisingly $1 cheaper than BRS) and bought a Koralia 1050 PH.

Also placed an order for the GFO Reactor and some GFO and Carbon media from BRS.

Did a water change and siphoned out as much cyano as I possibly could. Now with another powerhead in there, guess we'll see how it turns out
Good luck Dan. Didn't respond as I have no experience with GFO Reactors.
__________________
SeanMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 10:18 PM   #1324
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
DanS180's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Blackwood, NJ
Posts: 3,346
It's cool man, thanks! I hope I have better luck now
__________________
DanS180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 10:43 PM   #1325
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
SeanMonster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 1,261
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanS180 View Post
It's cool man, thanks! I hope I have better luck now
It's amazing with this hobby. You can do everything right and still get thrown for a loop. My Hairy Lobo that I was losing came back about 50%. I change my actinics and now it's taken a turn for the worst. WTF? Ha ha.
__________________
SeanMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 10:51 PM   #1326
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
DanS180's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Blackwood, NJ
Posts: 3,346
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanMonster View Post

It's amazing with this hobby. You can do everything right and still get thrown for a loop. My Hairy Lobo that I was losing came back about 50%. I change my actinics and now it's taken a turn for the worst. WTF? Ha ha.
Lol yeah if there's one thing I've learned is that corals are very strange haha I've had ones look like they're dying and 2 days later, look better than they ever have haha weirdddd
__________________
DanS180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 10:11 PM   #1327
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
DanS180's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Blackwood, NJ
Posts: 3,346
Well here it is, reactor is installed with GFO and Carbon mixed

Not sure why the pic posted twice but oh well lol
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20130130_211054.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	58.4 KB
ID:	148744   Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20130130_211014.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	58.4 KB
ID:	148747  

__________________
DanS180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 10:12 PM   #1328
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
SeanMonster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 1,261
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanS180 View Post
Well here it is, reactor is installed with GFO and Carbon mixed

Not sure why the pic posted twice but oh well lol
Excellent Dan. Looks like you are moving right along.
__________________
SeanMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 10:16 PM   #1329
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
DanS180's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Blackwood, NJ
Posts: 3,346
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanMonster View Post

Excellent Dan. Looks like you are moving right along.
So far, I think I'm gonna do another water change, siphon more cyano and see how it works. Already seeing improvement with another PH being added
__________________
DanS180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 10:21 PM   #1330
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
SeanMonster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 1,261
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanS180 View Post

So far, I think I'm gonna do another water change, siphon more cyano and see how it works. Already seeing improvement with another PH being added
Remember the patience part of this hobby. Seems upset happen quickly but recovery is much slower.
__________________

__________________
SeanMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
90 gallon, reef

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off








» Photo Contest Winners








Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:47 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.