DanS Future 90 gallon reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This is the piece that's coming out of the 1st bulkhead, not really sure what were calling it or whether it sucks in and blows out so that's really the only thing I'm puzzled by

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20121105_184829.jpg
    ForumRunner_20121105_184829.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 69
The diagram for the sump seems odd. It has the return pump to the left of the refugium separated by a divider. I'm not sure I get how the water in the refugium will circulate and get pumped back into the main tank unless the water level is higher than the dividers. Maybe the height of the dividers is off in the drawing. I've always used much simpler sump setups. I could be getting old. lol hope somebody else chimes in.

Ya that sump doesn't look right lol.. I'd stay basic with it and just do 3 chambers. Skimmer/refugium/return with bubble trap after the refugium.

I am confused by them in general and nees to figure it out soon cuz hubby is finally ipgrading electical

The diagram for the sump seems odd. It has the return pump to the left of the refugium separated by a divider. I'm not sure I get how the water in the refugium will circulate and get pumped back into the main tank unless the water level is higher than the dividers. Maybe the height of the dividers is off in the drawing. I've always used much simpler sump setups. I could be getting old. lol hope somebody else chimes in.

haha okay i forgot to say, the sticky that i stole that design off of, had 2 ball valves in the return line and a T for the Fuge, i guess to add water to the Fuge? i dunno, yeah maybe i should make it more simpler lol

Ya that sump doesn't look right lol.. I'd stay basic with it and just do 3 chambers. Skimmer/refugium/return with bubble trap after the refugium.

so in my sump you would just go, Skimmer, Fuge, Bubble trap, and then return? already seems simpler to me haha

Yup just like that.. the only thing that I tell everyone though is with the last baffle letting water flow over instead of under then as your water evaporates it will cause a water fall effect unless you keep it up with an ATO.

Yup just like that.. the only thing that I tell everyone though is with the last baffle letting water flow over instead of under then as your water evaporates it will cause a water fall effect unless you keep it up with an ATO.

so wait that was confusing, leave it as it is? or change the last baffle? lol sorry

You can leave it that way if you don't mind or will be installing an ATO.. mines like that but you can fix it by doing a 2 or 4 baffle bubble trap so the water enters the return chamber from the bottom.

You can leave it that way if you don't mind or will be installing an ATO.. mines like that but you can fix it by doing a 2 or 4 baffle bubble trap so the water enters the return chamber from the bottom.

ahh very good idea, yeah i dunno if i wanna do an ATO, i mean itd be nice, but id rather just refill it myself lol and also save a chunk of money for somethin else :)

DanS180 said:
Like this?

Much better. Most people have the bubble trap to the left of the refugium but I like this layout a lot. That's the way to go. No need to "T" off an extra line from the return pump.

Looks good.. it'll look a lot better once you start putting corals in it lol

Beengirl said:
It looks great!! SO much nicer!! Good job!

Thanks! I really like it myself!! :) I should be done painting it by tonight then I'm gonna start building my sump on Thursday

Back
Top Bottom