Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
 
Old 02-28-2013, 07:25 PM   #1461
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
DanS180's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Blackwood, NJ
Posts: 3,346
Not much new to report. Other than my reef octopus is starting to really pull some gunk out which is nice. Already had to clean out my reactor and put new mixture in there bc it got clogged somehow.

All and all, everyone is happy and healthy including all corals!

Hopefully will be adding another fish soon
__________________

__________________
DanS180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 07:31 PM   #1462
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Bearchumjs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Red Mountain WA
Posts: 3,415
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanS180 View Post
Not much new to report. Other than my reef octopus is starting to really pull some gunk out which is nice. Already had to clean out my reactor and put new mixture in there bc it got clogged somehow.

All and all, everyone is happy and healthy including all corals!

Hopefully will be adding another fish soon
What fish are you planning on getting next?
__________________

__________________
Some people like cucumbers better pickled.
Bearchumjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 09:06 PM   #1463
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
DanS180's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Blackwood, NJ
Posts: 3,346
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearchumjs View Post

What fish are you planning on getting next?
Your one and only golden head but the past 3x I've gone to my LFS, they weren't there, every other time I went they had like 5 of em lol
__________________
DanS180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 09:34 PM   #1464
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Bearchumjs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Red Mountain WA
Posts: 3,415
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanS180 View Post

Your one and only golden head but the past 3x I've gone to my LFS, they weren't there, every other time I went they had like 5 of em lol
Lol! Figures! Do you think you have a good pod population for him? You might consider buying some pods to populate the tank. I've read that they aren't super picky like mandarins, but having good pod population would be good. In so excited that you're getting one!! I'll be so jealous.
__________________
Some people like cucumbers better pickled.
Bearchumjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 09:48 PM   #1465
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
DanS180's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Blackwood, NJ
Posts: 3,346
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearchumjs View Post

Lol! Figures! Do you think you have a good pod population for him? You might consider buying some pods to populate the tank. I've read that they aren't super picky like mandarins, but having good pod population would be good. In so excited that you're getting one!! I'll be so jealous.
I should unless something else in my tank is eating them lol I'll have to check if I can see a good amount of them. If not, I'll just continue on with my stock list and maybe then add some pods and let em populate for awhile.

If I don't get the golden head, I'll probably get my pair of black clowns, or even the kole tang.
__________________
DanS180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 11:35 PM   #1466
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Bearchumjs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Red Mountain WA
Posts: 3,415
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanS180 View Post

I should unless something else in my tank is eating them lol I'll have to check if I can see a good amount of them. If not, I'll just continue on with my stock list and maybe then add some pods and let em populate for awhile.

If I don't get the golden head, I'll probably get my pair of black clowns, or even the kole tang.
As long as you get the golden head at some point it'd be okay to get the black clowns first! Clowns are so cute!
__________________
Some people like cucumbers better pickled.
Bearchumjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 11:45 PM   #1467
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
DanS180's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Blackwood, NJ
Posts: 3,346
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearchumjs View Post

As long as you get the golden head at some point it'd be okay to get the black clowns first! Clowns are so cute!
Lol I'm definitely going to be getting the golden head, I just don't wanna ask my LFS to get some in bc the last 2x I've done that, I noticed they jacked the price up, I guess bc they knew someone wanted one. :/ I'll just wait it out lol patiently
__________________
DanS180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 12:08 AM   #1468
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
SeanMonster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 1,261
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanS180 View Post

Lol I'm definitely going to be getting the golden head, I just don't wanna ask my LFS to get some in bc the last 2x I've done that, I noticed they jacked the price up, I guess bc they knew someone wanted one. :/ I'll just wait it out lol patiently
I really hate when they do that. A good lfs takes care of its regulars.
__________________
SeanMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 01:05 AM   #1469
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
DanS180's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Blackwood, NJ
Posts: 3,346
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanMonster View Post

I really hate when they do that. A good lfs takes care of its regulars.
Yeah well I'm more than a regular but the owner is never there to notice :/
__________________
DanS180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 05:32 PM   #1470
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
DanS180's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Blackwood, NJ
Posts: 3,346
So I'm pretty sure my wrasse has been eating the palm tree coral. There's only 2 heads remaining out of about 6-7. Mucus is hanging off the coral too
__________________

__________________
DanS180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
90 gallon, reef

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off








» Photo Contest Winners








Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:50 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.