Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-01-2013, 12:10 AM   #1661
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanMonster View Post

I'll keep you posted. Look for an update on my thread this weekend.
Sounds good

Old 06-06-2013, 06:58 PM   #1662
Aquarium Advice Addict

Boo. I think I gotta move my puffer. He's destroying corals now :/ my acans are almost completely gone, the few pieces of SPS I have are all nipped at. He ate 2 of my Darth maul zoas. And my big cap of purple monti has white marks all over it, probably from him nipping at it.

I might move all my coral from my 29 into my 90 and then move him in to the 29 for the time being. Also will probably move my snails and emerald crab bc he'll probably kill them.

Old 06-07-2013, 08:51 PM   #1663
Aquarium Advice Addict

Puffer is moved to the 29 and all my coral and snails/hermits were moved to the 90. Wasn't able to get my 2 peppermint shrimp or emerald crab so that'll be another day
Old 06-10-2013, 03:38 PM   #1664
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanS180 View Post
Puffer is moved to the 29 and all my coral and snails/hermits were moved to the 90. Wasn't able to get my 2 peppermint shrimp or emerald crab so that'll be another day
Ah that's a shame Dan. It's hit and miss with most puffers and it's a gamble. But hey if you don't try your never buy lol. At least you still have him.

I have just added a copperband into my tank, the yellow tang beat the S*** out of him for the first 2 days but he seems to be leaving him alone now, well most of the time anyway. He is bigger than the yellow tank too lol. He's not feeding at the moment but I'm hoping I can change that. I brought him nice and fat so I have a bit longer to train him.
Old 06-11-2013, 08:35 AM   #1665
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinness View Post

Ah that's a shame Dan. It's hit and miss with most puffers and it's a gamble. But hey if you don't try your never buy lol. At least you still have him.

I have just added a copperband into my tank, the yellow tang beat the S*** out of him for the first 2 days but he seems to be leaving him alone now, well most of the time anyway. He is bigger than the yellow tank too lol. He's not feeding at the moment but I'm hoping I can change that. I brought him nice and fat so I have a bit longer to train him.
This is true Lol. And yeah if u haven't already, get some type of garlic additive to help with feeding the copperband
Old 06-11-2013, 08:46 AM   #1666
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Yea I'm having trouble getting him to feed at the mo, he looks at it and just when you think he's going to take it he swims of. I have tried bloodworm, mysis, brine shrimp and garlic, brine shrimp and spiralina, krill, marine feast, dried seaweed. But haven't seen him eat yet. There are a number of small fan worms in the tank and he has been picking at the rocks.

Any suggestions? :-(
Old 06-11-2013, 08:49 AM   #1667
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Yea I'm having trouble getting him to feed at the mo, he looks at it and just when you think he's going to take it he swims of. I have tried bloodworm, mysis, brine shrimp and garlic, brine shrimp and spiralina, krill, marine feast, dried seaweed. But haven't seen him eat yet. There are a number of small fan worms in the tank and he has been picking at the rocks.

Any suggestions? :-(
Try the garlic additive. Soak ur food in the garlic for a minute or so then feed him. Fish are naturally attracted to the garlic smell. That's what I did to get my yellow tang to start eating.
Old 06-11-2013, 08:50 AM   #1668
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Cool will give it a go mate cheers.
Old 06-11-2013, 09:04 AM   #1669
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Cool will give it a go mate cheers.
Yep yep no problems
Old 06-12-2013, 10:31 PM   #1670
Aquarium Advice Addict

Well I FINALLY just bought my second LED fixture! And I got it for a steal! Should be here Friday or Monday! so excited to see what kind of growth I get with 2.

For those of you who don't know what fixture I have, its a 165w dimmable LED fixture. And now I'm gonna have 2 of them

Tags
90 gallon, reef

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com