Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 11-03-2012, 10:15 PM   #201
Aquarium Advice Addict

Razor blades to scrape the glass.

Old 11-03-2012, 10:18 PM   #202
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrc8858

Vinegar is your best bet. Spray it on and leave it sit for a little bit or if your willing to do it fill it up with some vinegar water and leave it sit for a lil bit.
Just regular vinegar to spray?? I don't wanna fill it up.. coralline is all over the place lol

Old 11-03-2012, 10:19 PM   #203
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearchumjs
Razor blades to scrape the glass.
Yeah that's what I was thinking..

I guess it'd be wise to take all the plumbing off the tank(bulkheads and such) and clean everything?
Old 11-03-2012, 10:19 PM   #204
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanS180

Just regular vinegar to spray?? I don't wanna fill it up.. coralline is all over the place lol
Yep I buy the gallon jugs of white distilled. It's real cheap so I usually use extra any time I'm cleaning.
Old 11-03-2012, 10:22 PM   #205
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrc8858

Yep I buy the gallon jugs of white distilled. It's real cheap so I usually use extra any time I'm cleaning.
K guess I'll use a razor blade and see where I get and prob pick up some vinegar tomorrow after work
Old 11-03-2012, 10:22 PM   #206
Aquarium Advice Freak

Following for inspiration for my 75 but looking at your 90 makes me want to convince my family that we could go to 90
Old 11-03-2012, 10:25 PM   #207
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annakhil
Following for inspiration for my 75 but looking at your 90 makes me want to convince my family that we could go to 90
Haha well I'm glad you're following!! This is only my second saltwater tank so I'm still a newbie but from what I hear my 29G tank is doing amazing lol and yeah I went with a 90 mainly bc of the dimensions.. decent footprint and nice length
Old 11-03-2012, 10:33 PM   #208
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanS180

Haha well I'm glad you're following!! This is only my second saltwater tank so I'm still a newbie but from what I hear my 29G tank is doing amazing lol and yeah I went with a 90 mainly bc of the dimensions.. decent footprint and nice length
Man, if you have as much success with this tank as you have with your 29 it's going to be epic.

Personally I'd look at LEDs. You're going to burn up money each year on fresh bulbs with T5s. The Taotronics seem really popular and aren't nearly as expensive as some other brands. You may even be able to just get one unit and if you find the tank needs another one you could get it later. No bulb replacement and you can adjust the output easily with the dimmable model. I don't know anybody that runs them at 100%. They're very powerful.
Old 11-03-2012, 10:37 PM   #209
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorallineAlgae

Man, if you have as much success with this tank as you have with your 29 it's going to be epic.

Personally I'd look at LEDs. You're going to burn up money each year on fresh bulbs with T5s. The Taotronics seem really popular and aren't nearly as expensive as some other brands. You may even be able to just get one unit and if you find the tank needs another one you could get it later. No bulb replacement and you can adjust the output easily with the dimmable model. I don't know anybody that runs them at 100%. They're very powerful.
Epic??? Haha thank you!! I didn't think my 29G was that great considering it's my first SW tank. But this one will be better bc I get to scape the rock without water and fish all dry rock

And yes I'm definitely thinking of doing LEDs
Old 11-03-2012, 11:04 PM   #210
Aquarium Advice Addict

Ok so inside my stand measures out at 46L x 16W x 26H.. I was thinking either a 29 or 30 gallon sump? My friend said maybe a 20G long, but I was concerned of that size bc I'm planning on having a reef octopus skimmer and the BRS reactor in there, any thoughts??

Tags
90 gallon, reef

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com