Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
 
Old 11-03-2012, 10:15 PM   #201
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Bearchumjs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Red Mountain WA
Posts: 3,415
Razor blades to scrape the glass.
__________________

__________________
Some people like cucumbers better pickled.
Bearchumjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 10:18 PM   #202
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
DanS180's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Blackwood, NJ
Posts: 3,346
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrc8858

Vinegar is your best bet. Spray it on and leave it sit for a little bit or if your willing to do it fill it up with some vinegar water and leave it sit for a lil bit.
Just regular vinegar to spray?? I don't wanna fill it up.. coralline is all over the place lol
__________________

__________________
DanS180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 10:19 PM   #203
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
DanS180's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Blackwood, NJ
Posts: 3,346
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearchumjs
Razor blades to scrape the glass.
Yeah that's what I was thinking..

I guess it'd be wise to take all the plumbing off the tank(bulkheads and such) and clean everything?
__________________
DanS180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 10:19 PM   #204
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Mrc8858's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 5,834
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanS180

Just regular vinegar to spray?? I don't wanna fill it up.. coralline is all over the place lol
Yep I buy the gallon jugs of white distilled. It's real cheap so I usually use extra any time I'm cleaning.
__________________
Mrc8858 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 10:22 PM   #205
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
DanS180's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Blackwood, NJ
Posts: 3,346
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrc8858

Yep I buy the gallon jugs of white distilled. It's real cheap so I usually use extra any time I'm cleaning.
K guess I'll use a razor blade and see where I get and prob pick up some vinegar tomorrow after work
__________________
DanS180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 10:22 PM   #206
Aquarium Advice Freak
 
Annakhil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Lake Charles, La
Posts: 391
Following for inspiration for my 75 but looking at your 90 makes me want to convince my family that we could go to 90
__________________
“Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing it is not fish they are after.”
- Henry David Thoreau
Annakhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 10:25 PM   #207
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
DanS180's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Blackwood, NJ
Posts: 3,346
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annakhil
Following for inspiration for my 75 but looking at your 90 makes me want to convince my family that we could go to 90
Haha well I'm glad you're following!! This is only my second saltwater tank so I'm still a newbie but from what I hear my 29G tank is doing amazing lol and yeah I went with a 90 mainly bc of the dimensions.. decent footprint and nice length
__________________
DanS180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 10:33 PM   #208
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
CorallineAlgae's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 3,115
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanS180

Haha well I'm glad you're following!! This is only my second saltwater tank so I'm still a newbie but from what I hear my 29G tank is doing amazing lol and yeah I went with a 90 mainly bc of the dimensions.. decent footprint and nice length
Man, if you have as much success with this tank as you have with your 29 it's going to be epic.

Personally I'd look at LEDs. You're going to burn up money each year on fresh bulbs with T5s. The Taotronics seem really popular and aren't nearly as expensive as some other brands. You may even be able to just get one unit and if you find the tank needs another one you could get it later. No bulb replacement and you can adjust the output easily with the dimmable model. I don't know anybody that runs them at 100%. They're very powerful.
__________________
CorallineAlgae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 10:37 PM   #209
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
DanS180's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Blackwood, NJ
Posts: 3,346
Quote:
Originally Posted by CorallineAlgae

Man, if you have as much success with this tank as you have with your 29 it's going to be epic.

Personally I'd look at LEDs. You're going to burn up money each year on fresh bulbs with T5s. The Taotronics seem really popular and aren't nearly as expensive as some other brands. You may even be able to just get one unit and if you find the tank needs another one you could get it later. No bulb replacement and you can adjust the output easily with the dimmable model. I don't know anybody that runs them at 100%. They're very powerful.
Epic??? Haha thank you!! I didn't think my 29G was that great considering it's my first SW tank. But this one will be better bc I get to scape the rock without water and fish all dry rock

And yes I'm definitely thinking of doing LEDs
__________________
DanS180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 11:04 PM   #210
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
DanS180's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Blackwood, NJ
Posts: 3,346
Ok so inside my stand measures out at 46L x 16W x 26H.. I was thinking either a 29 or 30 gallon sump? My friend said maybe a 20G long, but I was concerned of that size bc I'm planning on having a reef octopus skimmer and the BRS reactor in there, any thoughts??
__________________

__________________
DanS180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
90 gallon, reef

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off








» Photo Contest Winners








Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:19 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.