DanS Future 90 gallon reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Update! Tank is a little more than half filled now :)

ForumRunner_20121121_100518.jpg

My sump is pretty much done.. just gotta throw some LR rubble in there and some cheato eventually.. oh and I have to modify the stand for my skimmer.. sitting too high up right now
ForumRunner_20121121_100524.jpg

DanS180 said:
Update! Tank is a little more than half filled now :)

My sump is pretty much done.. just gotta throw some LR rubble in there and some cheato eventually.. oh and I have to modify the stand for my skimmer.. sitting too high up right now

Dan, looking great!! I'm guessing that as hard as its been to get to this point, I'm betting its going to mean that much more to you when it's done. I was going to mention one thing. My lfs recommended that I not put rubble in the sump. They said keep it as clean as possible. I'm sure some here would disagree but I took their advice and have been running great for over 6 months.

Can't wait to see the finished product!

SeanMonster said:
Dan, looking great!! I'm guessing that as hard as its been to get to this point, I'm betting its going to mean that much more to you when it's done. I was going to mention one thing. My lfs recommended that I not put rubble in the sump. They said keep it as clean as possible. I'm sure some here would disagree but I took their advice and have been running great for over 6 months.

Can't wait to see the finished product!

Thank you! Yeah I've sorta heard ups n downs about the rubble... if I don't go thru with that then its just gonna be cheato in there :) we'll see

Oh and yes I can't wait til this is finished either! It's gonna be awesome!!

I heard from my lfs that the best way to do it is some chaeto and 1 piece of dry rock. Not rubble, just 1 medium sized clean piece.

Either choice is fine but I like the single medium sized rock idea. You can just use your least favorite rock in the pile. There's usually one oddball rock in every tank.

Either choice is fine but I like the single medium sized rock idea. You can just use your least favorite rock in the pile. There's usually one oddball rock in every tank.

Okie dokie, guess ill just do that once my other rocks get here, figure out which one i dont like lol

im so happy, this is coming along great now :)

Everybody's first sump setup has a few hiccups. Good thing is... it isn't your first tank. You have all the right tests, got some additives, a bit of experience. Now it's just the wet test. Can't wait!

CorallineAlgae said:
Everybody's first sump setup has a few hiccups. Good thing is... it isn't your first tank. You have all the right tests, got some additives, a bit of experience. Now it's just the wet test. Can't wait!

You got that right! If everything goes as planned tonight, the tank will be filled and sand might be put back in depending on when I add the salt

How long should I let the salt mix?

thats what i figured... well im in the process of makin a tiny stand for my skimmer, then after that im gonna top off the tank(hopefully theres enough water made lol) then add salt, and see if i can get this thing flowing

Just be on your toes when you turn on the plumbing lol always the risk of a leak

Just be on your toes when you turn on the plumbing lol always the risk of a leak

already leak tested the plumbing yesterday, everything is good :) now when i turn it all on, im gonna have to adjust the flow to counter the return pump but thats about it

omg im so mad... i was just trying to put the mini stand into sump without taking out the skimmer(bc i kinda couldnt) and i cracked the first baffle! how bad is that? skimmer chamber slightly leakin into the fuge?

If you can shut the valves you should be able to drain and dry the the baffle. The silicon and reinforce it. I've never done that but it should work.

And for your scape I found detailed chiseling the best way to get y stone to fit using a number two flathead and my hammer to do it

If you can shut the valves you should be able to drain and dry the the baffle. The silicon and reinforce it. I've never done that but it should work

yeah i thought of doing that, only problem is, im not gonna be able to get all the water out of the sump, and i cant take the sump out from underneath the stand bc it is pretty snug in there.

do u kno if that will cause any problem leaking into the fuge like that?

okay well the tank is completely full... and it started to dump down to the sump on its own but then stopped... how do i keep it going? lol

Back
Top Bottom