DanS Future 90 gallon reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A tank that size though an ATO will be your best bet if going topless.. I'm pretty sure you could get a complete system for right around $120 which will hold a stable salinity and also give you a new means of dosing.

DanS180 said:
Me neither! :) my friend has 2 of them over his 40B SPS tank n it looks awesome

Thanks buddy ;) btw I know many are suggesting glass lids..I respectfully disagree. The glass will filter your light and the evap droplets that form on the underside will block even more. The leds are dimmable so I'm sure you can crank them up to get past this but id try to avoid it. I go through close to a gallon a day evap on my tank. I know you need a top tho for your cat. Look into the brs netting. It's made a certain way so it does not block light and you can build a Frame at Lowes. We can order it together because I plan on building one as well. One order should be enough for us both

classklown90 said:
Thanks buddy ;) btw I know many are suggesting glass lids..I respectfully disagree. The glass will filter your light and the evap droplets that form on the underside will block even more. The leds are dimmable so I'm sure you can crank them up to get past this but id try to avoid it. I go through close to a gallon a day evap on my tank. I know you need a top tho for your cat. Look into the brs netting. It's made a certain way so it does not block light and you can build a Frame at Lowes. We can order it together because I plan on building one as well. One order should be enough for us both

Bout time u joined my thread! Haha but yeah I was looking at the BRS 1/4in kits.. if u wanna get one we can order it when I get paid this Thursday.. and eventually I'll get a top off.. or just stop being lazy and deal with it haha

DanS180 said:
Bout time u joined my thread! Haha but yeah I was looking at the BRS 1/4in kits.. if u wanna get one we can order it when I get paid this Thursday.. and eventually I'll get a top off.. or just stop being lazy and deal with it haha

Haha I know I've been meaning to. What's the cost? I just shelled out a bunch of money on the frag tank

DanS180 said:
DIY Aquarium Screen Top Netting Kits - Bulk Reef Supply

they have a couple different ones depending on how much u want. check it out

and thats fine, youll make it all back soon enough im sure lol

Eh nvm looks like well have to order separate. I didn't realize they precut the frames but we can build them together lol. Lmk when your gonna place your order

classklown90 said:
Eh nvm looks like well have to order separate. I didn't realize they precut the frames but we can build them together lol. Lmk when your gonna place your order

You got it man

Mrc8858 said:
A tank that size though an ATO will be your best bet if going topless.. I'm pretty sure you could get a complete system for right around $120 which will hold a stable salinity and also give you a new means of dosing.

+1. I have an ATO unit for my 90g that utilizes a 5 gallon bucket from Home Depot as the makeup source. I fill it once to twice per week (I never let it go empty). I estimate 4-6 gallons a week based on what is going on in my house. Usage goes up when the heat or AC are on. My unit was $125. You may be able to do it cheaper if you look around.

Yeah I saw that BRS has one on sale right now.. just don't have any extra cash set aside.. maybe if its still on sale in a few days I'll order it

Well the sale is ending today and I have $0 to my name lol :/ boo who.. but anyways.. I'm starting to see into my tank finally! Still very cloudy but I can see haha

Thats a pretty good deal... Would you spend your last 100 bucks on one? Haha i might consider it..

Okay, fixed the noise problem(dumping water too fast/loud into sump)

Now onto quieting the overflow box... any ideas there?? all you hear is trickling water and sucking noise.

AND i finally got my package from BRS so now onto scaping :)

Back
Top Bottom