DanS Future 90 gallon reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Any more pics!!! What you going to stock it with?

I have intentions to stock it with a Snowflake Eel, Fuzzy Dwarf Lionfish, Foxface Lo, Kole Tang, Gold Stripe Maroon Clownfish, and a few others possibly, but who knows, i seem to change my mind everyday! Guess when it comes time to actually buy the fish, then we will know for sure :)

As for NEW pictures, nothing new.. other than you can see into my tank a little bit now.. sand is still settling.

Your coral sounds like a nice snack for that lionfish..id skip that one dan. And you won't be able to keep shrimp or crabs, possibly even small fish with the snowflake

classklown90 said:
Your coral sounds like a nice snack for that lionfish..id skip that one dan. And you won't be able to keep shrimp or crabs, possibly even small fish with the snowflake

Well I know about the snowflake's issues but the lion fish will eat corals?? I thought they were reef safe??

DanS180 said:
Well I know about the snowflake's issues but the lion fish will eat corals?? I thought they were reef safe??

Ya I've never heard of lions eating corals

And maybe the dwarf one is different but they will eat small fish too which is why they are such a huge problem on wild reefs since their population exploded

classklown90 said:
And maybe the dwarf one is different but they will eat small fish too which is why they are such a huge problem on wild reefs since their population exploded

Hmm.. I still have decisions to make lol

If you google "how to quiet an overflow" you'll probably get tones of results. I know there's some videos on it if you check YouTube. It's not easy to describe. The videos or even just pictures make it so much easier to see the different ways people do it.

classklown90 said:
Cool fish but idk if best suited for a reef but hey it's your tank. You stock it with what you'd like lol

Yeah I'm still undecided dude, prob will be until my first purchase haha

CorallineAlgae said:
If you google "how to quiet an overflow" you'll probably get tones of results. I know there's some videos on it if you check YouTube. It's not easy to describe. The videos or even just pictures make it so much easier to see the different ways people do it.

Awesome, I'll check it out! Thank youuu :)

Ok well I have gotten all my rock together and bought some epoxxy.. tonight, I will ATTEMPT to scape my tank.. if all goes well, I will start to cycle the tank as well...

..how do I go about using the Pure Ammonia from ACE.. I bought a bottle but never did it this way, always used raw shrimp.

Make sure the ammonia you purchased from ACE has no bubbles when you shake the bottle. Dose slowly, and test, slowly, and test. etc. I have not done this method myself but that is what I read.

TommyP said:
Make sure the ammonia you purchased from ACE has no bubbles when you shake the bottle. Dose slowly, and test, slowly, and test. etc. I have not done this method myself but that is what I read.

Yeah its the right stuff, the "janitorial" kind haha.. Im not even sure if I will do it this way... might just buy a giant raw shrimp n throw it in there n call it a day lol

Back
Top Bottom