DanS Future 90 gallon reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Is your live rock similar colour to the dry rock? I am about to get a 300L tank and just worried what it looks like with dry and live rock in?

Well I just put it into the tank.. can barely see it bc its so cloudy so I'm not too sure how it looks lol I threw a few pieces into my sump to maybe help with filtration.. still baffled with how cloudy this tank gets from kicking up such little amounts of sand.

Did you use pool sand? Aragonite or crushed coral doesn't do that as badly and it has buffering effects. Pool sand doesn't. Pool sand is also full of selenium and fine particulates that you are seeing now. Just my opinion. Not much to be done now except not stir it up.

Did you use pool sand? Aragonite or crushed coral doesn't do that as badly and it has buffering effects. Pool sand doesn't. Pool sand is also full of selenium and fine particulates that you are seeing now. Just my opinion. Not much to be done now except not stir it up.

Yeah I suppose I'll have to be easy with the sand

I wouldn't change the new layout. It looks so much better. Huge improvement! Since you have the extra rock you could maybe put some of in front of the tall area on the left. You could lay some rock right on the sand against the high rock wall. That would give you an easy bottom area to grow any lower light corals or even a zoa garden. It may make a nice transition from the sand to the near vertical wall on the left. Like a low shelf before a reef wall. Just a thought since you have all that extra rock. It would be fine in the sump if it doesn't work out in the display tank.

Well.. with the LR in the tank.. it cleared up rather quickly..i still have little pieces to add so don't mind the gapping holes in some spots. But otherwise, how does it look?

ForumRunner_20121128_161830.jpg

Looks good to me. You could always add a few more small pieces to bulk it up, but it will allow you to place corals at different depths, so that's cool.

It looks great! Some great hiding places, places to put corals. You could put a rock on the sand in the corner too, make that a Zoa garden rock with 3-4 different types on it. :) great job!!

It looks great! Some great hiding places, places to put corals. You could put a rock on the sand in the corner too, make that a Zoa garden rock with 3-4 different types on it. :) great job!!

Thanks! Yeah I'm def going to do a zoa garden like I have in my 29.. I have a flat rock actually so maybe I'll make it a lil smaller and throw that in there :)

I used a concrete drill and made some pockets to accept frag plugs on some of my bigger rocks. It works great.

Well a lot of the rocks I have, have holes in em already so I should be okay for plugs, if not I usually just take em off the plug and glue em to something else

Back
Top Bottom