Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 11-20-2012, 11:46 AM   #511
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorallineAlgae View Post
You may not like it at all. It has to look good to you! If you could get just one good rock scape out of the stone you have now, even if the rest looks a little bleh you can fix it up when the rest of the rock gets to you. Then, if you see you have enough to pull off a nice wall you could always connect the whole thing. When you don't have quite enough rock to fill a tank, just getting one cool looking area set up can work better than spreading it across the tank. That way it's just a matter of adding on to it instead of redoing the whole thing.

Those epoxy sticks saved my but a few times.
Thats what i think im gonna do, just work on one stack right now and wait for the others to arrive, and yeah im gonna go out maybe today or tomorrow to get epoxy, i started to fill the tank to check for leaks in the meantime

when do u think would be a good time i go out and get stuff for the refugium?

Old 11-20-2012, 12:50 PM   #512
Aquarium Advice Addict

You can add whatever rock or sand is needed after the saltwater is the right salinity ant everything is flowing. It's so much easier to mix the starting saltwater in empty tanks than in buckets. Once the saltwater is right you add the sand and stone just like in your 29.

Old 11-20-2012, 01:09 PM   #513
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorallineAlgae View Post
You can add whatever rock or sand is needed after the saltwater is the right salinity ant everything is flowing. It's so much easier to mix the starting saltwater in empty tanks than in buckets. Once the saltwater is right you add the sand and stone just like in your 29.
well i can take the rocks out to scape them, but the sand has already been rinsed and put into the tank... should i have waited on that??
Old 11-20-2012, 01:21 PM   #514
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanS180

well i can take the rocks out to scape them, but the sand has already been rinsed and put into the tank... should i have waited on that??
Well... If your pour the water in too fast it will stir it up and make the water cloudy. However, PFS isn't a super fine sand, so it should clear pretty quickly. One thing you could do is have fun with it. Shove all the sand to one side, build a rock dam across the middle to hold the sand back and pour the water in on the side with no sand. I have no idea if that will help keep the water from clouding up, but it'd be fun. Lol! Like building a dam in a creek when you're out camping.
Old 11-20-2012, 01:23 PM   #515
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearchumjs

Well... If your pour the water in too fast it will stir it up and make the water cloudy. However, PFS isn't a super fine sand, so it should clear pretty quickly. One thing you could do is have fun with it. Shove all the sand to one side, build a rock dam across the middle to hold the sand back and pour the water in on the side with no sand. I have no idea if that will help keep the water from clouding up, but it'd be fun. Lol! Like building a dam in a creek when you're out camping.
Hahaha! The waters gonna cloud up one way or the other.. Im not worried about it being cloudy, tanks gonna have to cycle anyways so I have time for it to clear out lol
Old 11-20-2012, 01:26 PM   #516
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:

Hahaha! The waters gonna cloud up one way or the other.. Im not worried about it being cloudy, tanks gonna have to cycle anyways so I have time for it to clear out lol
Yeah, but my idea would be fun. LOL! Anyway, show us what your rock pile looks like when you get it finished!
Old 11-20-2012, 01:29 PM   #517
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearchumjs

Yeah, but my idea would be fun. LOL! Anyway, show us what your rock pile looks like when you get it finished!
Indeed it probably would be lol I'm supposed to be getting some extra $$ today so if I do I might just go out and buy more rock... again.... I am so impatient lol
Old 11-20-2012, 02:31 PM   #518
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:

You won't want to mix freshwater with salt in a tank that has sand in it. It's fine to have sand in it but I'd premix all the water and salt before adding it to the tank otherwise salt can get trapped in the sand and not dissolve if you were planning on just adding RO water to the tank and then the salt.
Old 11-20-2012, 02:38 PM   #519
Aquarium Advice Addict

This just keeps getting better n better lol My tanks half full of water..
Old 11-20-2012, 02:41 PM   #520
Aquarium Advice Addict

I feel you man! These kinds of steps are where having a good book around helps the most. They always cover this stuff.

Tags
90 gallon, reef

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com