DanS Future 90 gallon reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So when it comes time to get a CUC.. do u guys think I should go in the LFS direction or buy a package from reefs2go or some other site?

Anyone have any experience with ordering CUCs online?

So when it comes time to get a CUC.. do u guys think I should go in the LFS direction or buy a package from reefs2go or some other site?

Anyone have any experience with ordering CUCs online?

I went the lfs route. For my 90g I got 6 Trochus Snails, 4 Bumblebee Snails, 4 Conchs, 2 Emerald Crabs, and 3 Peppermint Shrimp. Also got a Blood Shrimp because my wife likes them. Just added 2 more Emeralds. Tank always looks pristine.

I went the lfs route. For my 90g I got 6 Trochus Snails, 4 Bumblebee Snails, 4 Conchs, 2 Emerald Crabs, and 3 Peppermint Shrimp. Also got a Blood Shrimp because my wife likes them. Just added 2 more Emeralds. Tank always looks pristine.

Alright awesome.. I'll have to see what my LFS is charging.. I know most snails are $2ea and each Conch is like $8 there.

I'd just get a few snails (no turbos) and hermits at the LFS for now. I always worry about shipping in the middle of winter. Even a very few cleaners should be fine for a while. I'd also add a snail and hermit to the sump.

I'd just get a few snails (no turbos) and hermits at the LFS for now. I always worry about shipping in the middle of winter. Even a very few cleaners should be fine for a while. I'd also add a snail and hermit to the sump.

Gotcha yeah I wasn't gonna add a CUC for a little while.. probably no food for them at all yet.

As for the snail in the sump, what happens if it gets into different chambers? Gets sucked into the return pump? Or the skimmer? Lol

I've never had that happen but you could always just stick with one or a pair of hermits. They'll just crawl around the bottom and eat algae and leftover food that gets sucked down. Snails generally avoid pumps just like they avoid powerheads in a display but safety first. Hermits can't escape! Mouahaha

I've never had that happen but you could always just stick with one or a pair of hermits. They'll just crawl around the bottom and eat algae and leftover food that gets sucked down. Snails generally avoid pumps just like they avoid powerheads in a display but safety first. Hermits can't escape! Mouahaha

Lol my snails in my 29 crawl all over my power heads! They're crazy! Haha.. maybe I'll just stick with a couple hermits in the sump :)

So I went out yesterday, picked up 3 more chromis just for the hell of it. Lost yet another one this morning(however I think it was one I bought from the previous day, not the new batch).

So now there's 4 chromis in the tank and they're schooling and enjoying a dark tank :)

So I went out yesterday, picked up 3 more chromis just for the hell of it. Lost yet another one this morning(however I think it was one I bought from the previous day, not the new batch).

So now there's 4 chromis in the tank and they're schooling and enjoying a dark tank :)

I had 11 now i have 8 every couple weeks one disappears on me

Lol I think I'm just goin to hang on to the 4 for now. See how things pan out. Hopefully I don't lose anymore

Same thing happened in my last tank as well not sure why had 6 was down to 2 in few months lol waters good i keep tangs easily and many inverts including starfish with no issues and sensitive acros something about chromises lol

Same thing happened in my last tank as well not sure why had 6 was down to 2 in few months lol waters good i keep tangs easily and many inverts including starfish with no issues and sensitive acros something about chromises lol

Yeah so I've been hearing.. well if they all die then maybe I'll go with a school of something else. Who knows

I had 5 green chromis in my tank and all died within a week. No clue as to why - corals tang clown inverts all fine as well. I'm thinking about a school of something too, but mines only a 55.

I had 5 green chromis in my tank and all died within a week. No clue as to why - corals tang clown inverts all fine as well. I'm thinking about a school of something too, but mines only a 55.

Maybe that's why they're so cheap.. bc they die to easily lol

Maybe that's why they're so cheap.. bc they die to easily lol

That's what I'm thinkin. I dont know though, I really liked them but I don't want to keep buying them just so they die. It literally was like two died the 3rd day in the tank, the 3rd died the next day, then the other two died the next two days after that. All my params like i said and other animals were fine and are thriving.

I was told by one of the more knowledgeable workers at my LFS that over time chromis will pick off the weakest in the school and eventually you will end up with 2 or 3 no matter how many you start with. I'm guessing if the tank is big enough you could keep more. I can't explain why you lost all of them though.

I was told by one of the more knowledgeable workers at my LFS that over time chromis will pick off the weakest in the school and eventually you will end up with 2 or 3 no matter how many you start with. I'm guessing if the tank is big enough you could keep more. I can't explain why you lost all of them though.

That makes since

Back
Top Bottom