DanS Future 90 gallon reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah. I hope you can figure it out. That damsel is gorgeous, I hope it makes it.

Keep in mind the company can change its formula/recipe in six plus years. Did they say if they add mold or mildew prohibitors?

Keep in mind the company can change its formula/recipe in six plus years. Did they say if they add mold or mildew prohibitors?

I've seen posts as recent as last year(2012). And nah I can't find anything on the can that says anything like that. Its mostly all directions and warnings about not inhaling too much lol

I'd run some carbon and would expect to see results. I'm stuck on the cement for some reason.

I was too, until I read numerous threads/forums on the same exact stuff I used and not one person had bad things to say about it.

Think if I thru in a thing of chemipure elite that might help?

my damsel is now..... MISSING. lol not dead, just missing lol moved everything around in the fuge and cant find him, nowhere around the outside of the sump either, looked into my display to see if his body was scattered by getting sucked thru the pump, no such luck there either.

you dont think if he died that my 4 little tiny hermits couldve devoured him that quickly do ya? i mean its probably been 2hr tops since the last i seen him.

Could it be "new tank syndrome"? Even though your parameters are spot on the tank could still be considered too new. (so I have been told)
Also; imo one should add only 1-2 fish at a time.
Not being judgy; just offering up thoughts.
Either way so sad for your frustration and losses.

Could it be "new tank syndrome"? Even though your parameters are spot on the tank could still be considered too new. (so I have been told)
Also; imo one should add only 1-2 fish at a time.
Not being judgy; just offering up thoughts.
Either way so sad for your frustration and losses.

Understandable but I've added 1 fish(the damsel) and he was on the verge of dying until he disappeared.

I put my Kenya tree in there last night and so far it's doing well.

I'd give it three days. If the PVC cement isn't the cause and your coral is looking okay then maybe going slow with a few hermits and snails at first would be the ticket. You could scrape off a couple of zoas from the main tank also. Like a canary in the mine.

I'd give it three days. If the PVC cement isn't the cause and your coral is looking okay then maybe going slow with a few hermits and snails at first would be the ticket. You could scrape off a couple of zoas from the main tank also. Like a canary in the mine.

Yeah well the Kenya looked good this morning and all my hermits are still alive in the sump so who knows. Guess only time will tell..

Nothing worse than sitting in front of a cycled tank and not being able to stock it. :/

On a better note, i just got my 2nd light off ebay for a steal! :) wasnt looking to buy it for a few more weeks but for the price i got it, i couldnt let it go. So happy :)

On a better note, i just got my 2nd light off ebay for a steal! :) wasnt looking to buy it for a few more weeks but for the price i got it, i couldnt let it go. So happy :)

Congrats on the light. Sorry to hear about your recent troubles. Hopefully it is just a bad stock issue and nothing to do with your tank.

Congrats on the light. Sorry to hear about your recent troubles. Hopefully it is just a bad stock issue and nothing to do with your tank.

Thanks Sean. Yeah im hoping its just coincidence that all 7 fish i bought were unhealthy to begin with lol I put a couple Darth Maul zoas in there about an hour ago and theyre doing awesome right now, and so is my Kenya Tree that has been in there since yesterday.

Back
Top Bottom