DanS Future 90 gallon reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Skip it.. I mean its really just not smart. Being smart about what fish you get seperates the noobs from the intelligent and experienced, which do you want to be?

Yeah and ive seen u write this on someone else's thread lol I understand where you're coming from, TRUST ME, I do. But as I've stated before, id really like to have one. I've done enough research on em and understand what kind of timetable I have. I understand people are going to have a problem with it and not agree(aka tang police) but its my tank and I will do what I choose to, and I'm saying this is nicest possible way, believe me. Not arguing, just telling u how I feel that's all. :)

DanS180 said:
Yeah and ive seen u write this on someone else's thread lol I understand where you're coming from, TRUST ME, I do. But as I've stated before, id really like to have one. I've done enough research on em and understand what kind of timetable I have. I understand people are going to have a problem with it and not agree(aka tang police) but its my tank and I will do what I choose to, and I'm saying this is nicest possible way, believe me. Not arguing, just telling u how I feel that's all. :)

Your choice, maybe some day you will change your mind and be able to pass on good advice about how to care for tangs. Until then, good luck.

I think that as long as you know what to expect and have a plan in place of what you are going to do when it outgrows your tank than it should be fine. And the tangs are going to be the last things added, right? I seem to remember you saying you're going to be getting a bigger tank later on anyway, right? I don't see a problem at all because you are aware of what's to come as the fish grows. A 1' tang needs 180 gallons. A 6 inch tang doesn't. It will at some point though. Anyway... I digress.

Can the LFS order the dart fish? I'm jealous you're getting one! And a sleeper goby too for that matter! I guess I can't be too jealous since I finally have my damselfish. :)

I'm gonna Ignore the tang situation bc I really don't feel like getting into an argument online. But anyways yes you are right about what we discussed before about me upgrading.

And yeah the girl at the LFS said I could email her boss and ask him to special order :) so I'll be doing that... actually, I'll be doing that right now :)

I'm gonna Ignore the tang situation bc I really don't feel like getting into an argument online. But anyways yes you are right about what we discussed before about me upgrading.

And yeah the girl at the LFS said I could email her boss and ask him to special order :) so I'll be doing that... actually, I'll be doing that right now :)

Oh yay!! And by the way... We need pics of the chromis, if you don't mind. :)

That was a good one lol but here ya go! Best pic I could get of all 4 of em :)

ForumRunner_20130113_181637.jpg

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130113_181652.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130113_181652.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 140
You're welcome :)

I all of a sudden have a lil bit of cyano on most of my rocks, how has it developed this fast???

You're welcome :)

I all of a sudden have a lil bit of cyano on most of my rocks, how has it developed this fast???

I don't know. I've got some in my tank and I've tried siphoning it out, I do my pwcs... I just added a fish two days ago (I had it before the fish). My nitrates are ~5ppm...

I don't know. I've got some in my tank and I've tried siphoning it out, I do my pwcs... I just added a fish two days ago (I had it before the fish). My nitrates are ~5ppm...

Same here... I dunno, I'm gonna do a water change tomorrow, guess I'll siphon some of it out

I noticed a lot of people run in to the same issue, regardless of parameters at one point a couple months into the build of the tank. less feeding more pwc and shorten your schedule temporarily for your lighting system will improve this.

I noticed a lot of people run in to the same issue, regardless of parameters at one point a couple months into the build of the tank. less feeding more pwc and shorten your schedule temporarily for your lighting system will improve this.

Yeah I'll manage. I think I know why it started so quickly, I grabbed some live sand from my 29g and put it into my fuge. And at the time it had a lil bit of cyano on it. So that's a good possibility.. stupid me

TommyP said:

Absolutely true. Lots of young tanks get a bout of cyano. I don't know if something leaches out of fresh rock and sand or what but it's really common. Strong flow also doesn't hurt. It's just one of those battles that pops out of nowhere at some point or two during the first year of a lot of systems. Once there's lots of other life all over every part of a reef it usually doesn't come back.

Put the lights low, crank up the flow, feed modestly (you already do that) and pop in some phosphate remover (you probably have it in already). It just stinks to have it but it's almost like a rite of passage.. like the tank's just testing you to see if you're serious about keeping another tank. lol You'll defeat it.

Back
Top Bottom