Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
 
Old 11-27-2012, 11:27 PM   #681
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
SeanMonster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 1,261
Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyP View Post
my 55 gallon tank was cycled in about a week and a half! Lots of live sand and live rock helped speed the process.
+1. I used about 60 lbs of live rock in my 90g reef and it cycled in 9 days. Didn't add fish, dead shrimp, or ammonia. Just the rock itself was enough to get it going.
__________________

__________________
SeanMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 11:58 PM   #682
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
DanS180's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Blackwood, NJ
Posts: 3,346
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanMonster View Post
+1. I used about 60 lbs of live rock in my 90g reef and it cycled in 9 days. Didn't add fish, dead shrimp, or ammonia. Just the rock itself was enough to get it going.
well yeah using Live rock always helps. thats how i did my 29G tank for the most part... but all the rock i have is dead and i dont plan on buying anymore LIVE rock so ill have to use shrimp or the ammonia i already bought
__________________

__________________
DanS180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 12:00 AM   #683
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
DanS180's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Blackwood, NJ
Posts: 3,346
but yeah so far.. scaping this tank has been anything but FUN. i found a pile i liked and went to add into the tank... kicked some sand up and now the tank is completely dusted again. cant even see the rock i put in it.. so yeah this is fun...

so i figured id scape it outside of the tank and then use epoxy to hold it together and add it as bigger pieces, well turns out i dont even know how to use epoxy bc i cant get anything to hold together.
__________________
DanS180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 12:02 AM   #684
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Bearchumjs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Red Mountain WA
Posts: 3,415
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanS180 View Post
but yeah so far.. scaping this tank has been anything but FUN. i found a pile i liked and went to add into the tank... kicked some sand up and now the tank is completely dusted again. cant even see the rock i put in it.. so yeah this is fun...

so i figured id scape it outside of the tank and then use epoxy to hold it together and add it as bigger pieces, well turns out i dont even know how to use epoxy bc i cant get anything to hold together.
You mix the two substances together and then apply and let dry.

I wish I could come scape for you! I love messing with the rocks. Lol!

Also- I'm sorry about your sand! I don't understand why yours is so cloudy.
__________________
Some people like cucumbers better pickled.
Bearchumjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 12:05 AM   #685
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
DanS180's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Blackwood, NJ
Posts: 3,346
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearchumjs View Post
You mix the two substances together and then apply and let dry.

I wish I could come scape for you! I love messing with the rocks. Lol!

Also- I'm sorry about your sand! I don't understand why yours is so cloudy.
lol well i got one of those green Epoxy sticks and it says to crumble it up until its white and then apply n let dry, except it wasnt holding.

And its not your fault about the sand lol... its just not cooperating with me... actually nothing is cooperating with me tonight :/
__________________
DanS180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 12:27 AM   #686
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Bearchumjs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Red Mountain WA
Posts: 3,415
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanS180 View Post

lol well i got one of those green Epoxy sticks and it says to crumble it up until its white and then apply n let dry, except it wasnt holding.

And its not your fault about the sand lol... its just not cooperating with me... actually nothing is cooperating with me tonight :/
Beer. That is all.
__________________
Some people like cucumbers better pickled.
Bearchumjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 12:29 AM   #687
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
DanS180's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Blackwood, NJ
Posts: 3,346
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearchumjs

Beer. That is all.
Wayyyy ahead of ya! Lol
__________________
DanS180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 12:36 AM   #688
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
CorallineAlgae's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 3,115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearchumjs

Beer. That is all.
Barley therapy! I think I'll follow your fine advice too.
__________________
CorallineAlgae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 01:17 AM   #689
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
DanS180's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Blackwood, NJ
Posts: 3,346
eehhh... im done for the night... as my hands are covered in epoxy and i dont even know if i like what i did so far.. :/
__________________
DanS180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 12:18 PM   #690
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
DanS180's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Blackwood, NJ
Posts: 3,346
Well the epoxy didn't work so I just said to hell with it.. I'm just gonna stack everything..

here's what I got so far (and I have a bunch more rock too)

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20121128_111753.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	65.2 KB
ID:	134626
__________________

__________________
DanS180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
90 gallon, reef

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off








» Photo Contest Winners








Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:51 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.