Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-11-2012, 09:41 AM   #61
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by obscurereef
I don't think the light would be strong enough...maybe just mushrooms and zoas up top...Is that the 4 bulb or 2 bulb light fixture?
Its a 4 bulb setup, I have a 24inch odyssea on my 29G and all my corals are doing just fine, including softies, LPS and SPS.. and that's a 4 bulb setup (96w)

Old 10-11-2012, 09:43 AM   #62
Aquarium Advice Addict

Haha thanks! I looked online myself and came to the conclusion on this one from BRS lol seems like I'm gonna wind up getting a few diff things from BRS in the future

Old 10-11-2012, 01:48 PM   #63
Aquarium Advice Addict

You can grow lots of corals with an Odyssea fixture. The don't produce as much light as expensive fixtures do but they work just fine for the vast majority of corals. Light hungry animals will need to be placed high, which is standard unless you have strong LEDs or something.

If you're mainly interested in growing SPSs I'd look at something different but loads of people do grow them with Odyssea fixtures. If you want something better but not terribly more expensive you can check out the FishNeedIt T5s. I'm a big fan of soft corals, zoas and mushrooms so the light you're looking at would be fine for that purpose.
Old 10-11-2012, 02:00 PM   #64
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorallineAlgae
You can grow lots of corals with an Odyssea fixture. The don't produce as much light as expensive fixtures do but they work just fine for the vast majority of corals. Light hungry animals will need to be placed high, which is standard unless you have strong LEDs or something.

If you're mainly interested in growing SPSs I'd look at something different but loads of people do grow them with Odyssea fixtures. If you want something better but not terribly more expensive you can check out the FishNeedIt T5s. I'm a big fan of soft corals, zoas and mushrooms so the light you're looking at would be fine for that purpose.
Yeah I figured it would be.. I'm not huge on SPS so I think id be okay

Well got my light n reactor figured out now just gotta pick out a skimmer lol
Old 10-11-2012, 07:06 PM   #65
Aquarium Advice Addict

Okay back to a previous question.. anyone know what else I could stock w a snowflake eel???
Old 10-11-2012, 10:13 PM   #66
Aquarium Advice Addict

OMG get this!! guy texted me yesterday morning and said he was gonna try and clean the tank up for me as best as he could, i was like awesome, i appreciate that ya kno? he doesnt havent to clean it up. So im already happy about that, then he just texted me just now and said he found the Canopy he had used for it!! this is turning into such a steal!! Tank/Stand/Canopy/built in overflow/plumbing/30lbs LR, all for $150!!! ohh im loving life right now
Old 10-11-2012, 10:21 PM   #67
Aquarium Advice Addict

Better not miss out on this one! wish I had something bigger then my 46 like a 155 bowfront : /
Old 10-11-2012, 10:26 PM   #68
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrc8858 View Post
Better not miss out on this one! wish I had something bigger then my 46 like a 155 bowfront : /
oh im not missing out on this! lol i might be selling my 180g tank tomorrow night, so if i do im gonna go pick the 90g up over the weekend (hopefully)

I thought of turning my 180 into SW but after doing the math and seeing how much it cost just for start up.... yeahh i think ill go smaller lol
Old 10-11-2012, 11:58 PM   #69
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanS180

oh im not missing out on this! lol i might be selling my 180g tank tomorrow night, so if i do im gonna go pick the 90g up over the weekend (hopefully)

I thought of turning my 180 into SW but after doing the math and seeing how much it cost just for start up.... yeahh i think ill go smaller lol
Ya once you start getting that big even the water changes are expensive
Old 10-11-2012, 11:59 PM   #70
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrc8858

Ya once you start getting that big even the water changes are expensive
Hahaha yeah that's a lot of salt mix

Tags
90 gallon, reef

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com