DanS Future 90 gallon reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mrc8858 said:
Just to refresh my memory lol when you pick up this tank how ready is it? Are you gonna begin cycling as soon as you get it?

Oh I wish!! Lol unfortunately no, not setting this tank up until we move. Or if we decide to stay where we r, then I'll set it up :) all up in the air at the moment :/

Okay, decision has been made. Were not moving for almost another 2 years.. so this means I will be starting up this tank when I get it :) well not right away, still have to save up for equipment and whatnot but it will be starting soon enough :)

Khij159753 said:
Yay!!!! :) can't wait for pics :) I'm enjoying my 90 :)

I just can't wait to get it here so I can start planning on building my sump :) I think I need to go n buy my RO/DI unit soon lol

DanS180 said:
I just can't wait to get it here so I can start planning on building my sump :) I think I need to go n buy my RO/DI unit soon lol

Ya I'd say so lol that was my first big purchase for my tank :)

Mrc8858 said:
Ya I'd say so lol that was my first big purchase for my tank :)

Lol yeah I think when payday comes I'm gonna bite the bullet and buy the 4stage 75GPD from BRS.

DanS180 said:
Lol yeah I think when payday comes I'm gonna bite the bullet and buy the 4stage 75GPD from BRS.

That's what Ive got and couldn't be happier. Just make sure you get the TDS meter (dual inline I prefer) a flush kit and maybe even a pressure gauge...also if you have the extra few bucks I would step it up to the 5 stage. It will pay for the difference in about 2-3 filter changes since the extra chamber will prolong filter life span.

Mrc8858 said:
That's what Ive got and couldn't be happier. Just make sure you get the TDS meter (dual inline I prefer) a flush kit and maybe even a pressure gauge...also if you have the extra few bucks I would step it up to the 5 stage. It will pay for the difference in about 2-3 filter changes since the extra chamber will prolong filter life span.

Yeah i haven't decided which one to get yet, the 4stage value package comes with all that stuff and its like $169.99.. I think the 5 stage is closer to $200 so I guess I'll just wait n see where my funds sit when payday comes

I am also learning. Currently running a 12g nano reef (fish & asst coral) have a 55g corner bowfront to set up eventually lol. I am trying to decide between fuge/sump annd what to do with the 12g...
turn it into the fuge oooorrrr coral frag tank hmmmm

Spicemonkey said:
I am also learning. Currently running a 12g nano reef (fish & asst coral) have a 55g corner bowfront to set up eventually lol. I am trying to decide between fuge/sump annd what to do with the 12g...
turn it into the fuge oooorrrr coral frag tank hmmmm

Id say coral frag tank lol but open up your own thread and get some better responses and ideas! I'm still learning about sumps/fuge myself :)

Alright so obviously I'm goin to be doing this piece by piece and the first thing I'm gonna buy is the RO/DI unit. But after that, what type of order should I go for equipment wise?

I am doing the same; getting items as i can afford ugh. I got the tank and light and have been researching filtration before just buying any ol thing. While i wait for hubby to update electrical eeks

Spicemonkey said:
I am doing the same; getting items as i can afford ugh. I got the tank and light and have been researching filtration before just buying any ol thing. While i wait for hubby to update electrical eeks

Yeah as of right now I only have the tank/stand, nothing else so I have a lot of stuff to buy

DanS180 said:
EVO Quad 48 LED Reef Bright

anyone know if this light would be good enough for a 90 gallon? ive read reviews of people having it on 90 and above and working just fine. its 64 3W LEDS, total of 192W.

For that price, why don't u get the taotronics? They are around 157-189... I got 3 on my 180g.. Just a suggestion and save u some money.

Attachments

• image-3516309963.jpg
    image-3516309963.jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 71
Back
Top Bottom