DanS Future 90 gallon reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Guess that's what I'm gonna do lol :/ boooo.. this stinks, I liked this clam

Dan, sorry about the rotten luck. It seems that this is the norm for this hobby. I have lost a couple of corals and fish in my reef as well. Not to mention the 8 (yes 8) Angels I have lost in my FO tank. It truly sucks and I feel for you.

Dan, sorry about the rotten luck. It seems that this is the norm for this hobby. I have lost a couple of corals and fish in my reef as well. Not to mention the 8 (yes 8) Angels I have lost in my FO tank. It truly sucks and I feel for you.

Yeah it stinks :( and wow, 8 angels. That's a lot. I hope they werent like expensive blue face angels lol

Yeah it stinks :( and wow, 8 angels. That's a lot. I hope they werent like expensive blue face angels lol

Um, a Blueface, Regal, Queen, 2 Emperors, 2 Flames, and a Coral Beauty. Wow, it hurts even more now that I've spelled them out. That's why my wife has said "No more Angels, period!".

All of this happened in how many days? When I nuked my tank, it was from fecal matter in my water. Well water below a corn field. Pretty extreme, but evident of how something you don't think of can put you back. Any changes recently? Think about running carbon on the tank?

All of this happened in how many days? When I nuked my tank, it was from fecal matter in my water. Well water below a corn field. Pretty extreme, but evident of how something you don't think of can put you back. Any changes recently? Think about running carbon on the tank?

Over a week id say. My palm tree coral was eaten I believe by my wrasse. The clam just kept getting knocked over so I think its mantle got messed up and it just stressed out. The chromis I have no idea. It's dead lil body was stuck to my powerhead so who knows. Lol

I've been running Carbon and GFO in my reactor for the past 3-4 weeks probably

Your sure the clam was knocked over rather than trying to move himself to a better spot? It takes so e power to move a clam that size.

Well the one time he fell over was due to my yellow head jawfish making a burrow and taking the sand out from underneath it, so I moved it and it kept ending up on its side the next day. Never moved too another spot, just knocked over. I dunno I blame my wrasse. He's wreaked havoc in my tank so far lol

My reactor has been running for a week now since I fixed the clog. Just looked at it just now and has a very slow stream of water coming out. Any ideas why its doing this often?

well i swapped out my cylinder this morning, removing the mix of GFO & Carbon and ive decided just to use GFO in the reactor. I figure, itll be changed out less frequently and hopefully wont clog up bc now its tumbling pretty good.

Ill head out today and get some filter socks or something so i can put the Carbon in there and just drop it in my sump. No need to let my 3/4 container of Carbon go to waste lol

BAD FLASH on my phone camera makes everything look ugly lol
New Acan mini colony(9-10 heads probably) on the left. Don't know the name if anyone can help?

New zoa frag of Watermelons as well in the middle

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130306_144854.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130306_144854.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 96
Got some filter socks. 2 questions. How much should I put into the sock? And is there a specific place to put it in the sump?

Oh n I just ordered an 8oz bottle of Coral rX to dip frags in, a fragging tool kit and a drip acclimator with a pump and ball valve (airlines with knots in it have been annoying me lately lol) from BRS. :)

Back
Top Bottom