Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 12-01-2012, 10:07 PM   #761
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorallineAlgae View Post
A Randfordii (sp?) or engineer goby could be cool. The engineer would get about as large as a medium snowflake eel and be very peaceful.
ahh yes the engineer goby... forgot about them, okay thats a good possibility... how many fish do u think i could stock?? overall i mean

Old 12-01-2012, 10:08 PM   #762
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nu-Nu the eel View Post
My engineer my have eaten my arrow crab
that sucks! how big is he??? do u have a pic? ive never really seen a big one before

Old 12-01-2012, 10:33 PM   #763
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nu-Nu the eel

My engineer my have eaten my arrow crab
I'm a bit skeptical of that. If you saw him do it that would be one thing. These guys are so peaceful. Did you see him take a swipe at the crab before he went missing?
Old 12-01-2012, 10:46 PM   #764
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorallineAlgae

I'm a bit skeptical of that. If you saw him do it that would be one thing. These guys are so peaceful. Did you see him take a swipe at the crab before he went missing?
Yeah we saw him lunge at the crab a few times, i watches him bite half of our foxfaces fin off, and the crabs legs were right inside his den... i hope it was a molt but we arent sure :/
Old 12-01-2012, 11:41 PM   #765
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nu-Nu the eel View Post

Yeah we saw him lunge at the crab a few times, i watches him bite half of our foxfaces fin off, and the crabs legs were right inside his den... i hope it was a molt but we arent sure :/
Wow, your goby is getting a little out of control! Hope your arrow crab is okay, I know you guys really like that creepy thing. (You maybe a little more than Grant-lol)
Old 12-02-2012, 12:43 AM   #766
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nu-Nu the eel

Yeah... definitely a troublemaker! That's really terrible to hear. You've had him a long time if I remember. So sad.
Old 12-02-2012, 04:28 AM   #767
Aquarium Advice Addict

Tank of the Month Award

I have a pair of adult ones and they are strong and pretty aggressive. They haven't eaten anyone in my tank yet. But as you will see on the video, they are perfectly able to shred a small crab or shrimp. This is a pair that has mined extensive burrows under hundreds of pounds of rock. They live right next to each other, but don't get along very well. Nobody gets hurt.

http://youtu.be/zpLboYEC7Nk
Old 12-02-2012, 09:53 AM   #768
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanS180 View Post
so as much as i wanted a Snowflake eel and a Lionfish, i think im gonna shy away from them and make this a community tank instead

still not positive with what i wanna stock it with but the one fish i know for sure of is the Kole Tang. any other suggestions??
Dan, have you thought about a Fairy Wrasse. I have a Blue Flasher and a Clown Fairy (well I did until he jumped a couple of days ago). Also have a Purple Fish (very cool). Also have the required mated pair of Clowns.

I did go out this week and bought glass tops for the tank since I've had 4 fish jump since May. It's called Starfire glass and is thinner than a normal hood. They are crystal clear and cost about $64 for the pair.
Old 12-02-2012, 10:01 AM   #769
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanMonster View Post

Dan, have you thought about a Fairy Wrasse. I have a Blue Flasher and a Clown Fairy (well I did until he jumped a couple of days ago). Also have a Purple Fish (very cool). Also have the required mated pair of Clowns.

I did go out this week and bought glass tops for the tank since I've had 4 fish jump since May. It's called Starfire glass and is thinner than a normal hood. They are crystal clear and cost about $64 for the pair.
Never looked into a fairy wrasse.. aww I'm sorry about your jumper :/ that's never fun... good thing u bought a top now!.. I actually just bought myself the DIY screen top kit from BRS. Give that a try and see how it works.. if not then maybe I'll look into the starfire glass.

As far as fish go, I was thinking a pair of black or snowflake clowns maybe? A school of chromis possibly? And a few other small guys
Old 12-02-2012, 11:16 AM   #770
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanS180 View Post
Never looked into a fairy wrasse.. aww I'm sorry about your jumper :/ that's never fun... good thing u bought a top now!.. I actually just bought myself the DIY screen top kit from BRS. Give that a try and see how it works.. if not then maybe I'll look into the starfire glass.

As far as fish go, I was thinking a pair of black or snowflake clowns maybe? A school of chromis possibly? And a few other small guys
I love the snowflake clowns but at my lfs they are cha-ching. The Black Clowns are a little easier on the wallet. I have thought about snowflakes when I get to convert my 180g FO to a reef.

Tags
90 gallon, reef

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com