Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 12-03-2012, 12:16 AM   #781
Aquarium Advice Addict

I like all of these lol..

1 Kole Tang
1 Blue Tang(I know, I know)
3-4 Blue/green Chromis
1 Scissortail dartfish
1 Gold headed sleeper goby
1 Yellowhead Jawfish
2 Black clowns
1 Six line wrasse

Old 12-03-2012, 12:26 AM   #782
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanS180 View Post
I like all of these lol..

1 Kole Tang
1 Blue Tang(I know, I know)
3-4 Blue/green Chromis
1 Scissortail dartfish
1 Gold headed sleeper goby
1 Yellowhead Jawfish
2 Black clowns
1 Six line wrasse
That looks like an awesome stock list!

As far as the blue tang, you're going to get a 180 gal tank eventually, right? I've seen blue tangs the size of a half dollar. I wonder how fast they grow...

Old 12-03-2012, 12:41 AM   #783
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearchumjs View Post

That looks like an awesome stock list!

As far as the blue tang, you're going to get a 180 gal tank eventually, right? I've seen blue tangs the size of a half dollar. I wonder how fast they grow...
Id really like to have one.. I heard they grow really fast to 3 inches and then slowly grow after that.. I don't see an issue having one if that's the case.. it would have more than enough swimming room
Old 12-03-2012, 12:43 AM   #784
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:

Id really like to have one.. I heard they grow really fast to 3 inches and then slowly grow after that.. I don't see an issue having one if that's the case.. it would have more than enough swimming room
Yeah. Maybe make it the last thing you add? That would give it the shortest time in the tank until you upgrade. I think they are pretty. I just saw a regal blue tang on live aquaria. It was beautiful!
Old 12-03-2012, 12:48 AM   #785
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:

Yeah. Maybe make it the last thing you add? That would give it the shortest time in the tank until you upgrade. I think they are pretty. I just saw a regal blue tang on live aquaria. It was beautiful!
Yeah that's true but aren't you supposed to add Tangs at the same time?? If that's the case it may be one of the first fish in the tank lol
Old 12-03-2012, 01:57 AM   #786
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:

Yeah that's true but aren't you supposed to add Tangs at the same time?? If that's the case it may be one of the first fish in the tank lol
I don't know about that rule... Maybe. You could always add them both last! LOL! Good luck with that... I'd be adding them first too. They are so pretty! I'd wait to add the sleeper goby so that you have a nice pod population. Or buy pods to get the population started. I'm excited you have it on your list! I want one so badly! It's pretty much the reason I want a bigger tank. Don't even care if I have other fish as long as I have that one. Lol!
Old 12-03-2012, 02:17 AM   #787
Aquarium Advice Addict

I love the list!!!! and if you plan on upgrading to a 180, then go for it. When you say blue tang, do you mean a hippo, powder blue or blue Caribbean? I mean, they all need huge tanks, but I read on this forum today that hippos take about 4 years to reach full size. Not sure if that's accurate, but gives you a time frame if that's the kind you're looking at. We saw a small blue hippo at the store today, (those are such beautiful fish) my daughter was asking me to get it. She tried her best, and it was difficult, but I didn't get him. :/
Old 12-03-2012, 02:21 AM   #788
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:

I don't know about that rule... Maybe. You could always add them both last! LOL! Good luck with that... I'd be adding them first too. They are so pretty! I'd wait to add the sleeper goby so that you have a nice pod population. Or buy pods to get the population started. I'm excited you have it on your list! I want one so badly! It's pretty much the reason I want a bigger tank. Don't even care if I have other fish as long as I have that one. Lol!
Yeah after you suggested it, I went and did a lil reading up on em and I like em very nice looking specimen haha
Old 12-03-2012, 02:23 AM   #789
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beengirl View Post
I love the list!!!! and if you plan on upgrading to a 180, then go for it. When you say blue tang, do you mean a hippo, powder blue or blue Caribbean? I mean, they all need huge tanks, but I read on this forum today that hippos take about 4 years to reach full size. Not sure if that's accurate, but gives you a time frame if that's the kind you're looking at. We saw a small blue hippo at the store today, (those are such beautiful fish) my daughter was asking me to get it. She tried her best, and it was difficult, but I didn't get him. :/
Yeah I was referring to a blue hippo tang well we're saving up for a house and we said we probably won't move for another 2-3 yrs so this should be perfect for now plus i should be getting my man cave with my tanks when we move haha definitely making sure I have a basement lol
Old 12-03-2012, 12:11 PM   #790
Aquarium Advice Addict

So does anyone else agree on this list?

Tags
90 gallon, reef

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com