Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-12-2012, 12:30 PM   #71
Aquarium Advice Addict

Does anyone know anything about snowflake eels?? What do they go together with? How bout triggers?? I know they're very aggressive, but would they work in a reef or nah?

Old 10-12-2012, 12:36 PM   #72
Aquarium Advice Addict

Well with no first hand experience take my advice with a grain of salt but the eels are reef safe with caution because they may irritate your corals from touching to much and eat anything that'll fit in its mouth. The triggers are very aggressive and with caution because they will eat you inverts I believe. So really any fish that couldn't be eaten will work with them. Hope that helps you a little since it seems you got a black cloud over this thread

Old 10-12-2012, 12:45 PM   #73
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrc8858
Well with no first hand experience take my advice with a grain of salt but the eels are reef safe with caution because they may irritate your corals from touching to much and eat anything that'll fit in its mouth. The triggers are very aggressive and with caution because they will eat you inverts I believe. So really any fish that couldn't be eaten will work with them. Hope that helps you a little since it seems you got a black cloud over this thread
Lmao a black cloud is correct!! Lol no one wants to chime in and help meeee.. Grrrr, thank you tho!! It does help a little
Old 10-12-2012, 06:13 PM   #74
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanS180
Does anyone know anything about snowflake eels?? What do they go together with? How bout triggers?? I know they're very aggressive, but would they work in a reef or nah?
Don't have and eel, but have read that they do ok with triggers. Also puffers. Sorry things aren't going so swimmingly for you on this thread, I would be happy to help, but know nothing about sumps or most of the other stuff you've asked about. Lol.
Old 10-12-2012, 06:57 PM   #75
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beengirl

Don't have and eel, but have read that they do ok with triggers. Also puffers. Sorry things aren't going so swimmingly for you on this thread, I would be happy to help, but know nothing about sumps or most of the other stuff you've asked about. Lol.
Aww thanks anyways!! At least u guys gave me some kind of advice about the fish even if its very small advice.. I'm patient anyways, its gonna be awhile before I get this tank moving anyways so still have plently of time to research

I really wanna do a reef but so far all my stock options are "with caution" for reefs.. :/ if I didn't go with an eel and trigger, what else would be pretty decent for a 90G? I want something big, not a bunch of little fish
Old 10-12-2012, 07:03 PM   #76
Aquarium Advice Addict

Fox face! It's with caution but everyone says they're reef safe then add some smaller fish around it to make it the bug main center piece! that's what in doing. Engineer gobies I've always looked at instead of an eel but most people who don't know would just assume its an eel. I'm sure there's more i just can't think of em. But check out foxface and engineer goby
Old 10-12-2012, 07:10 PM   #77
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khij159753
Fox face! It's with caution but everyone says they're reef safe then add some smaller fish around it to make it the bug main center piece! that's what in doing. Engineer gobies I've always looked at instead of an eel but most people who don't know would just assume its an eel. I'm sure there's more i just can't think of em. But check out foxface and engineer goby
Haha that's so weird.. you commented on my thread and I just commented on yours lmao.. I forgot about the fox face.. might do that as well, but I really wanna stay away from smaller fish, bc I think I'm def doing a snowflake eel and don't wanna risk the "if it fits in his mouth" ordeal lol
Old 10-12-2012, 08:14 PM   #78
Aquarium Advice Addict

How about a dwarf lion fish or a FuManChu? They've been paired with snowflakes before in tanks. I've personally seen it in fish only tanks and I've seen photos in books of them in soft coral tanks.
Old 10-12-2012, 08:21 PM   #79
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorallineAlgae
How about a dwarf lion fish or a FuManChu? They've been paired with snowflakes before in tanks. I've personally seen it in fish only tanks and I've seen photos in books of them in soft coral tanks.
I was thinking of a dwarf lion fish as well.. I dunno lol so many to choose from.. I def wanna do corals, there's no doubt about that.. not a huge fan of SPS.. so id mainly be doing softies with a few LPS... could I do a snowflake, foxface, lionfish and maybe a trigger or would that be too much??
Old 10-12-2012, 08:57 PM   #80
Aquarium Advice Addict

Trigger I don't think is reef safe :/ but it sounds great! Maybe get another fish besides trigger. Idk what though.

Tags
90 gallon, reef

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com