Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 12-03-2012, 01:50 PM   #791
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanS180
So does anyone else agree on this list?
Other than the blue tang I think it's a great list. You could also substitute the six line for any reef and shrimp safe wrasse you like. I'd add a skunk cleaner shrimp to the list. Even fish like those guys! I also LOVE tomoni tangs. They never outgrow a 75.

Old 12-03-2012, 02:09 PM   #792
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorallineAlgae View Post

Other than the blue tang I think it's a great list. You could also substitute the six line for any reef and shrimp safe wrasse you like. I'd add a skunk cleaner shrimp to the list. Even fish like those guys! I also LOVE tomoni tangs. They never outgrow a 75.
I can't have shrimp n six line together??

Old 12-03-2012, 02:24 PM   #793
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanS180

I can't have shrimp n six line together??
I did for a long time. Mine never bothered my shrimp. Some people have given warnings about them but any fish can cause trouble if it decides to go bad. Some people on this thread suggested other types of wrasses so I just didn't want to rule out their suggestions (like the fairy wrasse). I'm also a six line fan!
Old 12-03-2012, 02:31 PM   #794
Aquarium Advice Freak

You can have them together, I have a six line in with my cleaner, fire, and coral banded shrimp and they have all been ok together. Six lines are reef safe I think they just meant you could get a different reef safe wrasse if you wanted to. I love my six line he's always active and they are cheap too!
Old 12-03-2012, 02:34 PM   #795
Aquarium Advice Addict

Yeah 6 lines are fine. Just try to get one that's in with peaceful wish and isn't being a bully cause every once in a whole they can be a really big bully.
Old 12-03-2012, 02:36 PM   #796
Aquarium Advice Addict

Okay awesome.. yeah I haven't decided on a CUC yet or what type of shrimp I'm gonna have.. everything is still up in the air
Old 12-03-2012, 03:03 PM   #797
Aquarium Advice Addict

now i know some of you think i shouldnt do the blue tang but i really want one and ill have plenty of time before i need/will upgrade but, is there anything else you think would go good with this list?? any other additions?? i dont want an overstocked tank obviously, but im not sure on what my limit is and/or if im already there
Old 12-03-2012, 03:50 PM   #798
Aquarium Advice Addict

I'd say this list would just about max out the tank. You have to think of stocking by considering the full on adult size of the fish. You could add more fish but don't expect things to go as easily with a high bio-load as they will with a more moderate one. It's important to leave a bit of room for surprise fish. You know, the one that you never considered but you see in a shop and just know it's going home. If you give the tank some breathing space you won't fell guilty getting it.
Old 12-03-2012, 03:55 PM   #799
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorallineAlgae View Post
I'd say this list would just about max out the tank. You have to think of stocking by considering the full on adult size of the fish. You could add more fish but don't expect things to go as easily with a high bio-load as they will with a more moderate one. It's important to leave a bit of room for surprise fish. You know, the one that you never considered but you see in a shop and just know it's going home. If you give the tank some breathing space you won't fell guilty getting it.
Very well said! haha well yeah its going to be awhile before i have all of these fish in the tank so ill just keep an eye on parameters after each new addition and see how my bioload is and take it from there
Old 12-03-2012, 07:01 PM   #800
Aquarium Advice Addict

Day 6 results
HR pH 8.1
Ammo .50-1ppm
Nitrite .50ppm
Nitrate 40-80ppm

Tags
90 gallon, reef

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com