DanS Future 90 gallon reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Boo. I think I gotta move my puffer. He's destroying corals now :/ my acans are almost completely gone, the few pieces of SPS I have are all nipped at. He ate 2 of my Darth maul zoas. And my big cap of purple monti has white marks all over it, probably from him nipping at it.

I might move all my coral from my 29 into my 90 and then move him in to the 29 for the time being. Also will probably move my snails and emerald crab bc he'll probably kill them.

Puffer is moved to the 29 and all my coral and snails/hermits were moved to the 90. Wasn't able to get my 2 peppermint shrimp or emerald crab so that'll be another day

Puffer is moved to the 29 and all my coral and snails/hermits were moved to the 90. Wasn't able to get my 2 peppermint shrimp or emerald crab so that'll be another day

Ah that's a shame Dan. It's hit and miss with most puffers and it's a gamble. But hey if you don't try your never buy lol. At least you still have him.

I have just added a copperband into my tank, the yellow tang beat the S*** out of him for the first 2 days but he seems to be leaving him alone now, well most of the time anyway. He is bigger than the yellow tank too lol. He's not feeding at the moment but I'm hoping I can change that. I brought him nice and fat so I have a bit longer to train him.

Ah that's a shame Dan. It's hit and miss with most puffers and it's a gamble. But hey if you don't try your never buy lol. At least you still have him.

I have just added a copperband into my tank, the yellow tang beat the S*** out of him for the first 2 days but he seems to be leaving him alone now, well most of the time anyway. He is bigger than the yellow tank too lol. He's not feeding at the moment but I'm hoping I can change that. I brought him nice and fat so I have a bit longer to train him.

This is true Lol. And yeah if u haven't already, get some type of garlic additive to help with feeding the copperband

Yea I'm having trouble getting him to feed at the mo, he looks at it and just when you think he's going to take it he swims of. I have tried bloodworm, mysis, brine shrimp and garlic, brine shrimp and spiralina, krill, marine feast, dried seaweed. But haven't seen him eat yet. There are a number of small fan worms in the tank and he has been picking at the rocks.

Any suggestions? :-(

Yea I'm having trouble getting him to feed at the mo, he looks at it and just when you think he's going to take it he swims of. I have tried bloodworm, mysis, brine shrimp and garlic, brine shrimp and spiralina, krill, marine feast, dried seaweed. But haven't seen him eat yet. There are a number of small fan worms in the tank and he has been picking at the rocks.

Any suggestions? :-(

Try the garlic additive. Soak ur food in the garlic for a minute or so then feed him. Fish are naturally attracted to the garlic smell. That's what I did to get my yellow tang to start eating.

Well I FINALLY just bought my second LED fixture! And I got it for a steal! Should be here Friday or Monday! :) so excited to see what kind of growth I get with 2.

For those of you who don't know what fixture I have, its a 165w dimmable LED fixture. And now I'm gonna have 2 of them :)

What make are your LEDs Dan? A friend of mine has just brought a 160w razor. They are very very good. I'm thinking of changing mine. Although my T5 unit is only a month old and cost me £250 so I might wait a bit lol.

Well I FINALLY just bought my second LED fixture! And I got it for a steal! Should be here Friday or Monday! :) so excited to see what kind of growth I get with 2.

For those of you who don't know what fixture I have, its a 165w dimmable LED fixture. And now I'm gonna have 2 of them :)

Nice Dan. I know I love mine.

What make are your LEDs Dan? A friend of mine has just brought a 160w razor. They are very very good. I'm thinking of changing mine. Although my T5 unit is only a month old and cost me £250 so I might wait a bit lol.

Its a fixture made in China. No specific name for em. Alls I know is I love the one I already have and having a second is gonna top things off :)

I bought a Reef Brite 48" blue LED that comes with fixtures that bolt it right to the T5. I run it with the 4 bulb and it really makes the water sparkle.

Since switching my corals over from my 29 I've seen significant changes. My T5 light wasnt doing as much as I thought it was. No doubt, LEDs are best IMO/E

And now the tank just inhabited a green clown goby and a bicolor blenny from my 29g as I've shut that tank down completely.

Back
Top Bottom