Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
 
Old 12-06-2012, 10:23 PM   #831
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Daniel Fishy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Jupiter Fla
Posts: 1,178
Sounds good!
__________________

__________________
Daniel Fishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 10:34 PM   #832
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
DanS180's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Blackwood, NJ
Posts: 3,346
Day 9 results
Ammo .50ppm
Nitrite 2ppm
Nitrate 80ppm
Salinity 1.023 still(I keep topping off with salt water so I guess it'll eventually get there)
__________________

__________________
DanS180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 11:01 PM   #833
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
SeanMonster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 1,261
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanS180 View Post
Day 9 results
Ammo .50ppm
Nitrite 2ppm
Nitrate 80ppm
Salinity 1.023 still(I keep topping off with salt water so I guess it'll eventually get there)
Dan, you are using a refractometer, right?
__________________
SeanMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 11:08 PM   #834
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
DanS180's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Blackwood, NJ
Posts: 3,346
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanMonster View Post

Dan, you are using a refractometer, right?
Yeppers
__________________
DanS180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 11:30 PM   #835
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
SeanMonster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 1,261
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanS180 View Post

Yeppers
Just thought I'd ask. BTW, just downloaded an app called AquaPlanner Pro for $2.99. You should check it out.
__________________
SeanMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 11:42 PM   #836
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
DanS180's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Blackwood, NJ
Posts: 3,346
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanMonster View Post

Just thought I'd ask. BTW, just downloaded an app called AquaPlanner Pro for $2.99. You should check it out.
Somebody else told me about that on this forum! Guess I will have to check it out, sounds interesting and really helpful
__________________
DanS180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 07:00 PM   #837
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
DanS180's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Blackwood, NJ
Posts: 3,346
Day 10..
Ammo .50ppm
Nitrite 5ppm
Nitrate 80ppm
Salinity 1.024
__________________
DanS180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 07:06 PM   #838
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
SeanMonster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 1,261
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanS180 View Post
Day 10..
Ammo .50ppm
Nitrite 5ppm
Nitrate 80ppm
Salinity 1.024
Just food for thought. Have you had your lfs double check your tests? Not questioning your results but I always get a second check when cycling and periodically afterwards. Looking good though. Everything is going in the right direction.
__________________
SeanMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 07:20 PM   #839
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
DanS180's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Blackwood, NJ
Posts: 3,346
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanMonster View Post

Just food for thought. Have you had your lfs double check your tests? Not questioning your results but I always get a second check when cycling and periodically afterwards. Looking good though. Everything is going in the right direction.
No I haven't, mainly bc they test water with strips and they're supposedly inaccurate right?
__________________
DanS180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 07:39 PM   #840
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
SeanMonster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 1,261
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanS180 View Post

No I haven't, mainly bc they test water with strips and they're supposedly inaccurate right?
Yea, they definitely can be. Just assumed they used the chemical method. That's what I get for assuming.
__________________

__________________
SeanMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
90 gallon, reef

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off








» Photo Contest Winners








Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:58 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.