DanS Future 90 gallon reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hey dan how's the tank going? Haven't heard from you for a while everything ok?

It has been awhile! Everything is great! Just been really really busy lately. I rescaped my tank and basically converted it into a SPS/zoa dominate tank. Got a 2 part doser hooked up finally. Also just ordered a new 4ft LED fixture :)

So I'd say things are going quite well! How bout u?

Ooooo very nice. Pics to follow I hope?

I'm ok the tank however is not! I lost my torch coral to brown jelly disease and now it seems that my hammer coral has it! Any idea how to stop it? And can I save the hammer? It's not all dead. Any ideas would be great.

Thanks

Ooooo very nice. Pics to follow I hope?

I'm ok the tank however is not! I lost my torch coral to brown jelly disease and now it seems that my hammer coral has it! Any idea how to stop it? And can I save the hammer? It's not all dead. Any ideas would be great.

Thanks

I'll get pics eventually Lol and unfortunately no, I have no experience with brown jelly. I've heard of it numerous times but never looked into it :/ sorry to hear about that!

I'll get pics eventually Lol and unfortunately no, I have no experience with brown jelly. I've heard of it numerous times but never looked into it :/ sorry to hear about that!

Ah never mind mate, it's a pain in the ***. I will go see my mate at the shop see if he knows anything.

Get them pics up! Ha ha

Ah never mind mate, it's a pain in the ***. I will go see my mate at the shop see if he knows anything.

Get them pics up! Ha ha

I will soon! I'm still waiting for my light fixture to arrive, its been over a week and it still hasn't arrived, grrrr.

I;ve had brown jelly take out a few of my corals. :-( With the hammer or any other one that has branches, break off the un affected part and throw away the nasty part. That might save the rest of it.

I;ve had brown jelly take out a few of my corals. :-( With the hammer or any other one that has branches, break off the un affected part and throw away the nasty part. That might save the rest of it.

Can you cut the skeleton and if you can whats the best cutter to use? Can't break it of as it's all one thing.

Thanks

If you have some kind of clippers, large ones, maybe a gardening tool? You can cut away whats dead or dying hopefully. Thats the only way you might be able to save what isnt infected. I suspect you will have to really chomp the skeleton hard as its pretty tough to cut through. Maybe if you have some kind of dremel or something similar that might work as well.

If you have some kind of clippers, large ones, maybe a gardening tool? You can cut away whats dead or dying hopefully. Thats the only way you might be able to save what isnt infected. I suspect you will have to really chomp the skeleton hard as its pretty tough to cut through. Maybe if you have some kind of dremel or something similar that might work as well.

A 7" bone cutter works really well.

I cut the infected area with a hack saw. Did a good job but I think the coral is to far gone. :-(

Thanks for your hell guys.

Dan sorry for hogging you thread dude. ;-)

Did you get the light yet? How is the tank doing?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice
I did. However a lot has changed since 2013 lol I moved, got rid of the 90g. I now have a 150g RR tank(currently empty) and I recently got engaged :)

Its been forever since I've been on this forum. I honestly forgot about it for awhile. How r u doing???

Back
Top Bottom