DanS Future 90 gallon reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Dan, did you fix the noise from your overflow? It is using an aqualifter on it right? I had the same annoying problem. I simply put the return hose into the area right before the water drops down to head intot he sump. Under water there is no annoying air sucking noise...

Also, do the Lowes worklight route! I have one over my excuse of a refugium and it works great at growing hair algae. Just added red bone grass so we'll see how it does. I jsut had 0 luck with cheato.

Dan, did you fix the noise from your overflow? It is using an aqualifter on it right? I had the same annoying problem. I simply put the return hose into the area right before the water drops down to head intot he sump. Under water there is no annoying air sucking noise...

Also, do the Lowes worklight route! I have one over my excuse of a refugium and it works great at growing hair algae. Just added red bone grass so we'll see how it does. I jsut had 0 luck with cheato.

Nah I haven't fixed the noise coming from the top of the overflow but I fixed the loud noise coming from the drain into my sump.. I've read to use a durso stand pipe but it seems like that's what I already have so I'm not sure :/

This is why I'm hunting for a drilled tank like nothing else! HOB is too much hassle.

Well my tank is drilled w built in overflow.. and it still makes noise lol, ive actually adjusted it and it sounds a lil better but still noisy

It's just a tall PVC pipe that goes in the overflow box and raises the water level to be an inch or so lower in the box than the main tank. That's the basic one but there are variations.

It's just a tall PVC pipe that goes in the overflow box and raises the water level to be an inch or so lower in the box than the main tank. That's the basic one but there are variations.

Yep that's exactly what I have already lol I tried moving it up and then back down and no matter what it still makes gurgling/sucking sounds

Here's everything in my fuge now.. clip on light plus a 50w grow light for a total of $12 and got myself 2 pieces of cheato and some rock.. still gotta get a piece of LIVE rock to seed everything tho

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20121201_180248.jpg
    ForumRunner_20121201_180248.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 85
DanS180 said:
Here's everything in my fuge now.. clip on light plus a 50w grow light for a total of $12 and got myself 2 pieces of cheato and some rock.. still gotta get a piece of LIVE rock to seed everything tho

Looks perfect. What kind of grow light? It must be a full spectrum daylight.

Looks perfect. What kind of grow light? It must be a full spectrum daylight.

Crap it doesn't say whether it is or not.. just says "sylvania spot-gro 50w indoor plant light" doesn't say anywhere on the box that its full spectrum daylight :/

I've always used CFL spiral daylights. You can get one around 20 watts that'll grow cheato like crazy. It'll use less power and produce less heat. If you can exchange the grow light I would. The CFL daylights are 6500K and work beautifully.

I've always used CFL spiral daylights. You can get one around 20 watts that'll grow cheato like crazy. It'll use less power and produce less heat. If you can exchange the grow light I would. The CFL daylights are 6500K and work beautifully.

Well I won't be able to exchange, I accidently ripped open the box lol but yeah I'll see if I can find one that's like what you're describing

so as much as i wanted a Snowflake eel and a Lionfish, i think im gonna shy away from them and make this a community tank instead :)

still not positive with what i wanna stock it with but the one fish i know for sure of is the Kole Tang. any other suggestions??

A Randfordii (sp?) or engineer goby could be cool. The engineer would get about as large as a medium snowflake eel and be very peaceful.

CorallineAlgae said:
A Randfordii (sp?) or engineer goby could be cool. The engineer would get about as large as a medium snowflake eel and be very peaceful.

My engineer my have eaten my arrow crab :(

Back
Top Bottom