DanS Future 90 gallon reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ughh Day 19.. the same.. this is definitely one of the longer cycles I've ever had.. my nitrites are still at 2ppm and haven't budged :/

Apparently my power went out last night for a few mins.. guess my plumbing is good bc I didn't have a flood or a high level in my sump :)

Okay it's now been 24 days and my cycle has not moved.

Ammo 0ppm
Nitrites 2ppm
Nitrates 80ppm

I have a diatom bloom happening in my fuge and hundreds of pods as well. I turned off my skimmer to see if that helps, but seriously? Why have my nitrites not moved??

Okay it's now been 24 days and my cycle has not moved.

Ammo 0ppm
Nitrites 2ppm
Nitrates 80ppm

I have a diatom bloom happening in my fuge and hundreds of pods as well. I turned off my skimmer to see if that helps, but seriously? Why have my nitrites not moved??

Diatoms are a good sign. I would think you'll start seeing some movement on the cycle again. Like many have already said, these things go at their rate, not ours. I can relate. The cycle is the most tortuous part of the hobby, IMO.

Diatoms are a good sign. I would think you'll start seeing some movement on the cycle again. Like many have already said, these things go at their rate, not ours. I can relate. The cycle is the most tortuous part of the hobby, IMO.

You got that right! I'm just not used to this, all of my other tanks have cycled just like that lol

DanS180 said:
You got that right! I'm just not used to this, all of my other tanks have cycled just like that lol

Some tanks just seem stubborn. I find the more ocean live rock you use the better up until a certain point. Nearly all if the rock you have was dry so that could be a part of it. In the end it'll be worth the wait.

Your sump didn't overflow because you have a great manifold! Nothing beats the "power outage" test. I would've been shocked if your tank didn't pass with flying colors. You put a ton of work and thought into it. :) Oh yeah!!!

Some tanks just seem stubborn. I find the more ocean live rock you use the better up until a certain point. Nearly all if the rock you have was dry so that could be a part of it. In the end it'll be worth the wait.

Your sump didn't overflow because you have a great manifold! Nothing beats the "power outage" test. I would've been shocked if your tank didn't pass with flying colors. You put a ton of work and thought into it. :) Oh yeah!!!

All thanks to you!! Lol I would've had a dining room full of water if it wasnt for you and everyone else at AA!! :)

All thanks to you!! Lol I would've had a dining room full of water if it wasnt for you and everyone else at AA!! :)

I agree. This forum has been such a help. No matter your expertise level you can find someone that has come across a problem or issue. I love AA (not Alcoholics Anonymous) :)

I agree. This forum has been such a help. No matter your expertise level you can find someone that has come across a problem or issue. I love AA (not Alcoholics Anonymous) :)

Lmao yeah I always feel weird saying "AA" :) but you're right.. no matter how much experience, you can always learn more

This really is a great site. Team effort on every part of a build just rocks. I usually learn something just reading threads. Plus we have people from lots of different countries. Man... you just can't get that from a local shop. (y)

This really is a great site. Team effort on every part of a build just rocks. I usually learn something just reading threads. Plus we have people from lots of different countries. Man... you just can't get that from a local shop. (y)

Definitely not, in fact the people at the LFS usually give you the complete opposite advice lol

Back
Top Bottom