DanS Future 90 gallon reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Okay, went to my LFS, bought a maxi-jet 1200(bc it was surprisingly $1 cheaper than BRS) and bought a Koralia 1050 PH.

Also placed an order for the GFO Reactor and some GFO and Carbon media from BRS.

Did a water change and siphoned out as much cyano as I possibly could. Now with another powerhead in there, guess we'll see how it turns out :)

Okay, went to my LFS, bought a maxi-jet 1200(bc it was surprisingly $1 cheaper than BRS) and bought a Koralia 1050 PH.

Also placed an order for the GFO Reactor and some GFO and Carbon media from BRS.

Did a water change and siphoned out as much cyano as I possibly could. Now with another powerhead in there, guess we'll see how it turns out :)

Good luck Dan. Didn't respond as I have no experience with GFO Reactors.

It's cool man, thanks! I hope I have better luck now

It's amazing with this hobby. You can do everything right and still get thrown for a loop. My Hairy Lobo that I was losing came back about 50%. I change my actinics and now it's taken a turn for the worst. WTF? Ha ha.

It's amazing with this hobby. You can do everything right and still get thrown for a loop. My Hairy Lobo that I was losing came back about 50%. I change my actinics and now it's taken a turn for the worst. WTF? Ha ha.

Lol yeah if there's one thing I've learned is that corals are very strange haha I've had ones look like they're dying and 2 days later, look better than they ever have haha weirdddd

Well here it is, reactor is installed with GFO and Carbon mixed :)

Not sure why the pic posted twice but oh well lol

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130130_211054.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130130_211054.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 99
  • ForumRunner_20130130_211014.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130130_211014.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 76
DanS180 said:
So far, I think I'm gonna do another water change, siphon more cyano and see how it works. Already seeing improvement with another PH being added :)

Sounds like a plan. Between the extra powerhead, the reactor and siphoning it shouldn't last long. I predict victory by TKO.

Sounds like a plan. Between the extra powerhead, the reactor and siphoning it shouldn't last long. I predict victory by TKO.

Haha one can only hope so! I almost forgot to turn off my RODI unit/sink last night, went over to my trash can and the water level was right at the rim!! Close call! Haha

Oh and I'm eligible for $60 off at my LFS. What should my next tankmate(s) be? I think I'm gonna skip the blue dot jawfish. Prob end up getting a yellow head jaw fish but my LFS is out of stock on em currently.

Either jawfish would be nice. The blue dots are often less messy about building their lairs than the yellow heads, but for both price and character I'd get the yellow head jawfish every time. They just look and act so ethereal. Both fish would make it onto most people's top 10 lists so there's no way to loose between them.

Either jawfish would be nice. The blue dots are often less messy about building their lairs than the yellow heads, but for both price and character I'd get the yellow head jawfish every time. They just look and act so ethereal. Both fish would make it onto most people's top 10 lists so there's no way to loose between them.

Yeah I was leaning toward the yellowhead, mainly for price and they get bigger than the blue dot as well.

Think I could get the golden head sleeper goby at the same time? Id have to use the $60 all at the same time

How about some media like carbon, gfo, chemi pure elite. You've got a reactor now so always good to have whatever media you need on stand by. I know your really wanting a fish but supplies are almost always a better decision then more livestock lol.

Well, all of the supplies are for keeping livestock! I say get the one fish, then supplies, then a six pack. :devilish: mouahaha!

Ya but that's the luxury of it being a second tank. You can pace yourself on this one and stilll enjoy the 29.

Back
Top Bottom