Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-16-2005, 12:56 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular

Send a message via ICQ to kukki
dark colored fish

well.. starting to think about my potential fish list for a 29gal tank thats as much as id like to say near the end of its cycle.. prolly at the mid-point

welll im a total nub to any aquarium and ive made it this far . ive done plenty of reading, research and questions about equipment or getting things ready

im trying to look into some of the darker types of fish.. i know some fish are aggressive towards other fish that have the same shape or colors and all.. im not looking to have all black or darker colored of course, but just wondering what types are out there

i have looked at a few.. im growing increasingly ..... not sober =D or i think i could name names lol

but just wondering if anyone can give me a idea of some fish that stay relatively small.. its a 29gal tank that might be black or dark blue or something pretty

Old 05-16-2005, 12:59 AM   #2
zacdl

Clarki clown?
They are the same as regualr clowns but instead of red they have black.
Old 05-16-2005, 12:29 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Regular

Send a message via ICQ to kukki
i thought maroon clowns were the darker or black ones.. going to go look it up now im prolly wrong lol
Old 05-16-2005, 12:35 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

There are black & white percs (quite cute). A maroon clown gets up to 5+ inches (mine is 3 and is about 5" now) and I don't personally feel like they're good candidates for a 30g tank. They should have more real estate or they're going to get quite defensive of their turf and get agressive to tank mates.

Join the NJ Reef Club Today! Saving the world's reefs one living room at a time!
MACNA XXI Atlantic City, NJ September 25-27, 2009
Phyl is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com