Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-13-2012, 08:46 PM   #1021
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flreefer
Nice pieces Dary!
I agree with Jl, they already look like they are liking their new home.
Did you get them from Live Aquaria?
Thanks,..Got my fingers crossed,... Re live aquaria,..nope ,.i used extreme coral in Texas .

Old 06-13-2012, 09:07 PM   #1022
Aquarium Advice Addict

I'll have to check them out, never heard of them.
Pieces that size, I thought LA, for an arm and a leg!!
Nice to see some corals bigger than a thumbnail, seem hard to find these days, at a reasonable price. Used to be able to get decent sized pieces at a past (closed) LFS, but not anymore.
Here's a pic of my wall Hammer I got 7+ years ago for $75. Ahh..the good old days...

Attachment 100123

During a PWC, so not too happy!

Old 06-13-2012, 09:13 PM   #1023
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flreefer
I'll have to check them out, never heard of them.
Pieces that size, I thought LA, for an arm and a leg!!
Nice to see some corals bigger than a thumbnail, seem hard to find these days, at a reasonable price. Used to be able to get decent sized pieces at a past (closed) LFS, but not anymore.
Here's a pic of my wall Hammer I got 7+ years ago for $75. Ahh..the good old days...

During a PWC, so not too happy!
Wow,...that's a beast !!!! .....
Old 06-13-2012, 09:36 PM   #1024
Aquarium Advice Addict

Haha, thanks...just can't find them anymore, for anything close to my budget. Been looking for a few nice Acro's of some size, but their ridiculous!! My best LFS has some about softball sized, but their like $200+. Their beautiful, but...man!
Anyway, really nice corals, Brest of luck with them!
Old 06-13-2012, 10:15 PM   #1025
Giant Clam Addict
Community Admin

POTM Champion

If you are ordering in the future ive had good luck with saltwaterfish.com. for cheaper prices ive recieved larger corals than even la. I cant say enough good things about them. I have tons of pics im my 55 thread id you want to see.
Sniperhank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 07:59 PM   #1026
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to Jlsardina
Hey,

Have you ever dove in the Cancun underwater museum? I would love to one day. It's such an amazing concept.
Old 06-15-2012, 08:57 PM   #1027
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlsardina
Hey,

Have you ever dove in the Cancun underwater museum? I would love to one day. It's such an amazing concept.
Whoa,...Never even knew such a place even existed,..... Kinda looks eerie with all the statues etc,...kinda like revisiting Pompeii right before mount vazuvious (sp) blew up,.... I'm pretty much stuck heading west to snorkel in Hawaii each year,.... Not a bad place to go either
Old 06-16-2012, 12:10 PM   #1028
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlsardina View Post
Hey,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dary421 View Post
Whoa,...Never even knew such a place even existed,..... Kinda looks eerie with all the statues etc,...kinda like revisiting Pompeii right before mount vazuvious (sp) blew up,.... I'm pretty much stuck heading west to snorkel in Hawaii each year,.... Not a bad place to go either

Never knew it either, Gosh I would love to go and see. I may have a problem with diving though cause when I was in service and I was trying out for Diver's School, I failed cause even with weights I couldn't stay under the water. Don't know if that's the case now though. I've been wanting to go to Cancun too but am chicken to vacation by my self. Are either of you going to try to go?

I lived in Hawaii for 4 years and I loved it and the snorkeling. That's where I was trying to get into Diver's School. I was in the service so it was the Navy Diving School.

Buffy's Reef Queendom has inhabitants of 2 Spotted Cardinal, Randall's Goby, Green Mandarin, Blue Chromis, CUC & Corals
Buffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 04:40 PM   #1029
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy

Never knew it either, Gosh I would love to go and see. I may have a problem with diving though cause when I was in service and I was trying out for Diver's School, I failed cause even with weights I couldn't stay under the water. Don't know if that's the case now though. I've been wanting to go to Cancun too but am chicken to vacation by my self. Are either of you going to try to go?

I lived in Hawaii for 4 years and I loved it and the snorkeling. That's where I was trying to get into Diver's School. I was in the service so it was the Navy Diving School.
Dary only seems to go in one direction ,..point me southwest and send me about 2600 miles ,.. Aloha
Old 06-18-2012, 12:32 PM   #1030
Aquarium Advice Addict

After reading in another thread about upgrading your bulk reefs RODI units output via their 150 gpd add on unit ,I decided that for $60 that might be a heck of a buy,..at least for me.., normally, I'm doing somewhere in the neighborhood of a 20-30 gal pwc weekly and probably losing another 100 + gals down the drain each week.
I currently have theirs 5 stage 75 gpd unit,..by reading all the hype and the ton of user reviews regarding this add on ,.. It'll make twice the amount of useable water faster and with only something like a 1/1 waste ratio.,so for me, that'll mean larger PWC's weekly with less time and lower cost .
Sounds like a winner to me,...

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com