Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-18-2012, 07:40 PM   #1041
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondatek
Ok thanks I'll just see how they want me to set it up when I get it then make a thread about what filters to use to get the most life out of my di resin and better output. I saw a post one time by I think his name is cmor about what filters to put where to get the most out if it but I can't find the thread. Yes the only bad thing is i won't have an excuse to go to the Lfs every week lol
I think what ever you have or get is better than lugging water around!!! .... I don't get a very long life out of my brs DI resin but it's only like $10-12 for a refill,..heck I spend that for a refill for myself at the liquor store.

Old 06-18-2012, 07:43 PM   #1042
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Lol good point . Thanks Dary im off to try out my red sea kit for the first time.

^ Quoted from Porc Chop^
Hondatek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 12:04 AM   #1043
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Dary the drinking ginny pig, lol.
Old 06-19-2012, 12:05 AM   #1044
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Sorry, inappropriate
Old 06-19-2012, 10:44 AM   #1045
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sqasnatch
Sorry, inappropriate
Nah, it was pretty funny,,,I actually gave up all the hard stuff especially tequila after my fortieth b'day ,..thats when i went outside the next morning and found half my birthday cake up in a tree,...i figured that " was my sign" lol,..but that's a different story and a former life,..now it's just calm ,peaceful ol' Dary sipping a beer or having a glass of red wine.
On the aquarium front for today,..I'm getting in some ricordea mushrooms, my favorites but also the ones I find the hardest for me to get growing properly,...I'm just going to place them here and there and see what develops,.i also have another small bubble coral coming in with a bunch of nassarius snails which I'm hoping will bury themselves quickly so the trigger fish doesn't have a field day ,I just might wait until night fall when mr trigger is napping before I put them in ,... It'll be a fun afternoon.
Old 06-19-2012, 11:05 AM   #1046
Aquarium Advice Addict

Sounds great. Have your ever considered putting in some Yuma mushrooms? Maybe you already have them.. They are pretty cool. There is also another, more expensive mushroom called st. Something mushroom. I forget, Maybe francis.
needmorecowbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 11:08 AM   #1047
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to Jlsardina
Ricordeas seem to do really well in dirty water. Those with clean water often have a heard time to get them to grow. I've seen some really nice ricordea gardens tho
Old 06-19-2012, 11:10 AM   #1048
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by needmorecowbell
Sounds great. Have your ever considered putting in some Yuma mushrooms? Maybe you already have them.. They are pretty cool. There is also another, more expensive mushroom called st. Something mushroom. I forget, Maybe francis.
I do have a Yuma or two in there somewhere,... There's so many rocks in the tank it's easy to lose track of'em ,...my hairy lavender mushroom colony is starting to multiply and is slowly starting to climb up a rock face ,..pretty neat to see.
Old 06-19-2012, 11:21 AM   #1049
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlsardina
Ricordeas seem to do really well in dirty water. Those with clean water often have a heard time to get them to grow. I've seen some really nice ricordea gardens tho
Jodie,...are you saying you have a dirty tank and can grow me a beautiful ricordea garden ? Lol,..hmmmm,.,sure wish they would go bananas for me... Maybe I'll throw one in my sump and see if it'll grow in there.
Old 06-19-2012, 11:51 AM   #1050
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlsardina
Is that what it is? I love the look of Ricordia, and they will stay alive for years, but slowly get smaller and smaller until they are gone.
My Lavender hairy's on the other hand reproduce like crazy!! Had some for a long time and over time, they've probably quintupled. Even though I've traded about 20 in, I've got them everywhere, it's actually a bit of a problem, and they are very hard to remove from any prime real estate. I cut them, it comes back, mutilate it.... Don't know what else to try. Ohh well.
Good luck with the Rics Dary.

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com