Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-23-2012, 12:56 PM   #1081
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondatek
ok thanks. It an optional purchase with the pure water club unit I have. Ill probably order it.
Prob a good idea...it'll keep things flowing and prolong its life.... Hope you're feeling better too.

Old 06-23-2012, 01:55 PM   #1082
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dary421

I think you have your figures reversed.. Other wise your machine is producing something like 310 gals of pure water in 12 hours ., .( which isnt going to happen with that unit ) With 48 gals + - waste water.... It should be the other way around ..,310 gals waste water and 48 gals pure water
That's what I thought too but it was already set up straight out of the box. All I had to do was pop in the resin filter. I read the instructions too and every thing was aligned properly.

Old 06-23-2012, 02:22 PM   #1083
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibrahim

That's what I thought too but it was already set up straight out of the box. All I had to do was pop in the resin filter. I read the instructions too and every thing was aligned properly.
Sorry but than something was screwed up there with that whole setup .., a 50 gpd setup can not produce 720 gallons of " pure" water in a 24 hour period of time.., as stated above usually there's a 3-5 gallons of waste water to every gallon of "pure" water NOT the other way around...,only a fraction of your water actually makes it thru the multiple membranes and filters ,the bulk is discarded... It might be possible that you were missing a internal filter or regulator ??? Who knows.?? If what you had was " normal" there would be no other rodi filters ever sold by any other manufacturer, everyone would have one of those.. Me included!!!!!
Old 06-23-2012, 04:17 PM   #1084
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:

Sorry but than something was screwed up there with that whole setup .., a 50 gpd setup can not produce 720 gallons of " pure" water in a 24 hour period of time.., as stated above usually there's a 3-5 gallons of waste water to every gallon of "pure" water NOT the other way around...,only a fraction of your water actually makes it thru the multiple membranes and filters ,the bulk is discarded... It might be possible that you were missing a internal filter or regulator ??? Who knows.?? If what you had was " normal" there would be no other rodi filters ever sold by any other manufacturer, everyone would have one of those.. Me included!!!!!
Idk... Tds came zero. I wish I could take a vid but I already sold the unit.
Old 06-24-2012, 08:04 PM   #1085
Aquarium Advice Addict

I just finished using the new 150 gpd upgrade to my 75 gpd brs RODI unit to fill up a couple of five gallon ATO jugs and overflowed both of them,...this sucker is a lot faster than it was before and caught me by surprise ,...I think we may have a winner here.
Old 06-25-2012, 12:32 PM   #1086
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
I just finished using the new 150 gpd upgrade to my 75 gpd brs RODI unit to fill up a couple of five gallon ATO jugs and overflowed both of them,...this sucker is a lot faster than it was before and caught me by surprise ,...I think we may have a winner here.
Ordered the hammerhead glass cleaner yesterday. Been wanting it for awhile. Your review finally put me over the top. This may be the next purchase. Thanks for the update Dary.
Old 06-25-2012, 12:54 PM   #1087
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaRick

Ordered the hammerhead glass cleaner yesterday. Been wanting it for awhile. Your review finally put me over the top. This may be the next purchase. Thanks for the update Dary.
Rick.., I think you'll like it,...I especially like being able to change out the pads when ever they become worn out or just clogged up,.... Also the inside the aquarium part floats , and that's worth the price right there..,especially if you think you might have picked up some sand near the bottom,..just pull the magnet apart and the inside part floats to the top so you can just rinse it out.... Just purchase the extra pads to go along with the hammerhead,..you can make like 12 pads for somewhere around $6-7.00..... Also,The RODI upgrade seems like a no brainier to me for $60.
Old 06-25-2012, 01:37 PM   #1088
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:

Rick.., I think you'll like it,...I especially like being able to change out the pads when ever they become worn out or just clogged up,.... Also the inside the aquarium part floats , and that's worth the price right there..,especially if you think you might have picked up some sand near the bottom,..just pull the magnet apart and the inside part floats to the top so you can just rinse it out.... Just purchase the extra pads to go along with the hammerhead,..you can make like 12 pads for somewhere around $6-7.00..... Also,The RODI upgrade seems like a no brainier to me for $60.
Great idea on the replacement pads. Didn't think about that. I had been using a mag float but gave up on it years ago. I'll buy some extra pads when i get the RODI upgrade. Really looking forward to not having to scrape the glass every other day lol. Thanks again Dary.
Old 06-25-2012, 07:06 PM   #1089
Aquarium Advice Addict

I don't know. I've been using MagFloats for 10 years on salt and freshwater tanks and love them. I just changed the pads on them for the first time. Maybe it's because I have small tanks.
Old 06-25-2012, 07:56 PM   #1090
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorallineAlgae
I don't know. I've been using MagFloats for 10 years on salt and freshwater tanks and love them. I just changed the pads on them for the first time. Maybe it's because I have small tanks.
Nothing wrong with using your mag floats if it's doing the job for you,..but from my experience on my own tank ,the mag float was more trouble than it was worth,...the hammerhead has a much stronger magnet which really sucks down on the glass/ acrylic and pretty much cleans on one pass,.....it's kinda pricey ,but what isn't anymore.,..I'm not saying everyone should throw away the mags and run down to the lfs and buy one ,.. just another option which may work better for some.

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com