Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-08-2011, 08:50 PM   #111
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by slitherbomb
I actually purchased a small green mushroom because of this post! I just don't know how to keep it on a rock without the flow moving it...
All these mushrooms basically require low to moderate lighting and low water flow,...so pick a spot on the bottom or low in your tank that is pretty well sheltered from any fast water movements and you'll be fine,...if their wings are really flapping in the breeze then your water movement is too high and you'll probably have to move 'em to a more sheltered location,..... They pretty much will take care of themselves

Old 07-08-2011, 08:53 PM   #112
Aquarium Advice Addict

Do you put it on the sand or a rock? Because mine was thrown around a little where I it it and it managed to end up right side up on the sand.

Old 07-08-2011, 08:54 PM   #113
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Vampiregirl
Hey you got those nassarius snails? I love mine, they're so cool!

I'm glad your shipment finally arrived! Pics, pics, pics!!!
Yeah,....I got some vampire girl snails (4)... But I'm waiting til night fall to put them in the tank so the triggerfish won't eat'em up..
......I just ordered some "superman mushrooms" from your favorite place,. I'm really excited now!!!!!.... What's the name if your local lfs,... I seem to order a lot from Florida so maybe that's the place?
Old 07-08-2011, 08:57 PM   #114
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Do you put it on the sand or a rock? Because mine was thrown around a little where I it it and it managed to end up right side up on the sand.
It prob doesn't matter a whole lot,...I try and put mine on a rock somewhere but as long as it doesn't blow away it'll prob be ok,...remember... Low water flow = big mushrooms
Old 07-08-2011, 09:03 PM   #115
Aquarium Advice Addict

Ok thank you! Btw I love your tank
Old 07-08-2011, 09:13 PM   #116
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Ok thank you! Btw I love your tank
You can-also superglue( gel) them to a rock ... But usually if the water movement is light enough ( ideal), just put them in a indentation in the rock and they'll just suck themselves into it and will live happily ever after,...re.tank,...thanks, but I got a long ways to go !!!
Old 07-08-2011, 09:24 PM   #117
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dary421

Yeah,....I got some vampire girl snails (4)... But I'm waiting til night fall to put them in the tank so the triggerfish won't eat'em up..
......I just ordered some "superman mushrooms" from your favorite place,. I'm really excited now!!!!!.... What's the name if your local lfs,... I seem to order a lot from Florida so maybe that's the place?
It's Fish Collection, but I doubt it's the place you order from, it's a really small place

Oh those superman are a beauty!!
1Vampiregirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 10:41 PM   #118
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Vampiregirl

It's Fish Collection, but I doubt it's the place you order from, it's a really small place

Oh those superman are a beauty!!
V'girl..... Re.lfs ,.Nope,...you're off the hook ... Re.superman ,...I ( like you) have been eyeballing your site for awhile and decided that if I really wanted these ,then I should pull the plug and get 'em before someone else gets 'em . Have a super weekend v'girl, Dary
Old 07-09-2011, 04:04 PM   #119
Aquarium Advice Addict

Ok., well it's been about 24 hours since the new additions went into the tank .., there's a couple of right after they went in pictures and the others are from today... Hope the pictures come out ok.. I've got a long way to go, but I'm getting there slowly but surely... I'm sure these leather corals will take some more time to really acclimate themselves before taking off , but for now this is what I've got... Dary
Old 07-09-2011, 04:45 PM   #120
Aquarium Advice Freak

Pictures!!!
Your tank is beautiful, Dary, very! I'm so jealous. That big coral on top, is it a leather? I like it though leathers have never been on my faves list. I very truly admire all you've done with the tank and I'm in love with that tang of yours. He's almost in every pic lol!

Have a good weekend too!

1Vampiregirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

« Blank canvas | - »