Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-18-2012, 07:29 PM   #1221
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregcoyote
Dary... Are the Ecoteck battery backups any different than a regular APC UPS you can buy at Best Buy in the computer department? If it backs up a computer, it sure should run some power heads. That's what I am hooking up as I have some at my office. Let me know how the unit works for you.
Wether they are different from a regular computer back up battery I have no idea,....i got mine hooked up to my mp40 and alls well,..however,when under battery power the flow seems pretty feeble, even turned up al the way,....question for anybody out the running a reg computer back up battery,..once hooked up I assume they'll power a korilla or three for awhile,..and would they power them at their normal flow or will their flow output be substantially reduced? ... I know this may be a tough question to answer but roughly how long would they power a powerhead or three ?

Old 08-18-2012, 08:41 PM   #1222
Aquarium Advice Addict

Tank of the Month Award

If you know what the power head draws in amps, it is pretty easy to judge how long a UPS will run. I have a amp clamp, so I will test one of mine when I get home from traveling.

Old 08-19-2012, 04:41 PM   #1223
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Hey Dary glad to see all is well i havent been around much since i got my new bow rider its hard to stay of the throttle of the mercury 200 lol. Thats an amazing martian you got there it doent look like it belongs on this planet, what it called i may look into one?
Old 08-19-2012, 06:48 PM   #1224
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan-peddle
Hey Dary glad to see all is well i havent been around much since i got my new bow rider its hard to stay of the throttle of the mercury 200 lol. Thats an amazing martian you got there it doent look like it belongs on this planet, what it called i may look into one?
Ryan,...If memory serves me right it's called a green mycedium chalice or something like that,..." Martian" chalice as far as I'm concerned pretty much tells it all....be careful on that throttle ,..Sometimes things just happen too fast ... Haven't seen you around in awhile,...didn't you sell you're marine tank???
Old 08-21-2012, 08:17 PM   #1225
Aquarium Advice Addict

http://www.youtube.com/embed/mcbHKAWIk3I

Here's a link that a friend sent me ,..very interesting and beautiful underwater footage which shows a lot of our fish and various Corals,... Hope it works for you
Old 08-22-2012, 10:00 AM   #1226
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to Jlsardina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dary421
http://www.youtube.com/embed/mcbHKAWIk3I

Here's a link that a friend sent me ,..very interesting and beautiful underwater footage which shows a lot of our fish and various Corals,... Hope it works for you
Very nice
Old 08-23-2012, 07:19 AM   #1227
Aquarium Advice Addict

Nice link. Ty for sharing.

Buffy's Reef Queendom has inhabitants of 2 Spotted Cardinal, Randall's Goby, Green Mandarin, Blue Chromis, CUC & Corals
Buffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 04:05 PM   #1228
Aquarium Advice Addict

I finally decided to build a little canopy for my tank so off to home depot i went and after a few hours of sawing , painting and nailing i came up with this.... There's a couple of door to access the top of the tank for cleaning , feeding etc. as long as you don't look too closely it looks ok :-/ ...but for now it'll have to do.
Remarkably, no blood was shed in the making of this contraption
The pictures suck but itll give ya an idea anyways.., it looks better in person and even better after a beer!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1981387112.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	138.7 KB
ID:	114320   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3698999309.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	160.8 KB
ID:	114321  

Old 08-23-2012, 04:07 PM   #1229
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to Jlsardina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dary421
I finally decided to build a little canopy for my tank so off to home depot i went and after a few hours of sawing , painting and nailing i came up with this.... There's a couple of door to access the top of the tank for cleaning , feeding etc. as long as you don't look too closely it looks ok :-/ ...but for now it'll have to do.
Remarkably, no blood was shed in the making of this contraption
It looks great!!! And no blood sued from people like us is a true victory. .

Ps wish me luck- hurricane coming my way
Old 08-23-2012, 04:11 PM   #1230
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlsardina

It looks great!!! And no blood sued from people like us is a true victory. .

Ps wish me luck- hurricane coming my way
My brother lives there too,..so fingers crossed for everybody there,...stock up on your beverages,...how to you guys handle power outages at your shop ?? You got to have a lot of money Tied up there.

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com