Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-25-2012, 06:48 PM   #1241
Aquarium Advice Addict

Lol canopies shouldn't really be that fancy, if you make it too fancy it takes away from the tank. I wouldnt change it much, but thats just me.

needmorecowbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 12:01 AM   #1242
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dary421 View Post
Ryan,...If memory serves me right it's called a green mycedium chalice or something like that,..." Martian" chalice as far as I'm concerned pretty much tells it all....be careful on that throttle ,..Sometimes things just happen too fast ... Haven't seen you around in awhile,...didn't you sell you're marine tank???

Dary i did sell my 40 gallon salt tank but i have upgraded it to a 45 bow front i am gonna look into that coral its a beauty. Yeah i know i am safe on the water but when you upgrade from a 14.5 foot sunray with a mercury twin 35 to a 18 foot bowrider with a 200 merc you have to see what it will do or why upgrade right lol? no worries i only hammer down in open water with no boats or nav buoys in sight.

Old 08-27-2012, 12:59 PM   #1243
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan-peddle

Dary i did sell my 40 gallon salt tank but i have upgraded it to a 45 bow front i am gonna look into that coral its a beauty. Yeah i know i am safe on the water but when you upgrade from a 14.5 foot sunray with a mercury twin 35 to a 18 foot bowrider with a 200 merc you have to see what it will do or why upgrade right lol? no worries i only hammer down in open water with no boats or nav buoys in sight.
Hey Ryan,... Im Glad you didn't abandon the salt water world...I'm sure you'll get that new tank up to snuff in no time at all,..be careful on that new hot rod ,..you're not as young as you used to be .
Old 08-28-2012, 08:41 PM   #1244
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Quote:
Hey Ryan,... Im Glad you didn't abandon the salt water world...I'm sure you'll get that new tank up to snuff in no time at all,..be careful on that new hot rod ,..you're not as young as you used to be .

thats what iam hoping its coming along i just ordered a metal halide light i only abandoned the t5 so that should show a big difference from what i hear. No worries about the boat most of the time my wife and son are onboard so i take it easy we all went tubing today what a blast. How did the stand turn out after the new coat of paint?
Old 08-28-2012, 08:51 PM   #1245
Aquarium Advice Addict

Tank of the Month Award

They sure grow corals, just watch out for the heat. Good luck!
I love my boat too.
Old 08-28-2012, 09:02 PM   #1246
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:

thats what iam hoping its coming along i just ordered a metal halide light i only abandoned the t5 so that should show a big difference from what i hear. No worries about the boat most of the time my wife and son are onboard so i take it easy we all went tubing today what a blast. How did the stand turn out after the new coat of paint?
Girl friend loves the tank,canopy ,corals and the new paint,....and if she's happy then ,.-ah you know the story ....good to hear you're getting excited about your new tank,.. Why mh instead of LEDs ?
Old 08-29-2012, 09:03 PM   #1247
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Quote:
Girl friend loves the tank,canopy ,corals and the new paint,....and if she's happy then ,.-ah you know the story ....good to hear you're getting excited about your new tank,.. Why mh instead of LEDs ?
i hear mixed reviews but the ones who say metal halide are die hard. from what i hear correct me if i am wrong its a more penetrating and spread out light apposed to leds which are more direct and no as penetrating. The one draw back is the heat and evaporation
Old 08-29-2012, 09:04 PM   #1248
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregcoyote View Post
They sure grow corals, just watch out for the heat. Good luck!
I love my boat too.
i have also heard this i got my fans but do you think a chiller is overkill for the heat?
Old 08-29-2012, 09:26 PM   #1249
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:

i hear mixed reviews but the ones who say metal halide are die hard. from what i hear correct me if i am wrong its a more penetrating and spread out light apposed to leds which are more direct and no as penetrating. The one draw back is the heat and evaporation
I've never ran any metal halides myself ,I went from t5's to LED's ,..I know the mh 's will do the job just fine as proven over time but heat and expense seem to be their slow demise,.... I just figured you'd probably go the led route,.. I guess it doesn't matter how you get across town as long as you get there.
I'm looking forward to seeing how everything works out or you,...everything's running fine in my tank right now ( knocking on wood ) ,...but with all this hurricane and power outages occurring lately it's got me thinking about rigging up a battery backup for a couple of my korilla Powerheads as a short term power outage precaution.,in case I'm away from my house/ generator.
So if I figure this out correctly.... Battery charger plugged into ac,..connected to motorcycle/ car battery ,..battery connected to a inverter ,.and Powerheads plugged into the inverter. Hopefully that's correct ,... And hopefully a smaller battery will run a powerhead or two for a couple of hours until power resumes. Any thoughts would be very welcomed.
Old 08-30-2012, 11:39 AM   #1250
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

that sounds fine it should run it for more then 2 hours i use a small marine battery on my boat it powers all my lights, radio, everything for 24 hours

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

« Blank canvas | - »