Dary's tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I know this isn't about fish, but it's your thread. I wanted you to see this trike ready for paint. It is his pickup truck bike.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

You could go grocery shopping with that baby ,... Think of how much live Rock and aquarium supplies that little truck bed would hold :)-/ ) , My trike will only hold what you have in your pockets :)

I don't know Darry you might have room for saddlebags between your fenders, but it might create added wind resistance that would be unwelcome

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I don't know Darry you might have room for saddlebags between your fenders, but it might create added wind resistance that would be unwelcome
no saddlebags for this boy !!! only a bungee cord for those unexpected carrys....

Once I started my trike build 99% of my attention was dedicated to trying to complete that whole assembly process ,..in the meantime I really hadn't visited my LFS in months !!! I was always ordering my salt mix etc online ,The other day I actually managed to walk into my Lfs and say hi to everyone and only walked out with a frozen pack of mysis and a couple of replacement algae scraping blades,..... That's rather unbelievable for me ! I'm kinda proud of myself ,normally I'd walk in for a $3.00 item and walk out spending $125 in corals etc.,.... Maybe the gray hairs are finally kicking in and I'm being a little more conservative ,... everything looking ok tank wise nonetheless :)

LOL. Its tempting. I like corals... I like fish! :) Thats willpower Dary!

Believe me when I tell you that was a rare occurrence indeed , I usually have the will power of a hungry rat in a cheese factory

Once I started my trike build 99% of my attention was dedicated to trying to complete that whole assembly process ,..in the meantime I really hadn't visited my LFS in months !!! I was always ordering my salt mix etc online ,The other day I actually managed to walk into my Lfs and say hi to everyone and only walked out with a frozen pack of mysis and a couple of replacement algae scraping blades,..... That's rather unbelievable for me ! I'm kinda proud of myself ,normally I'd walk in for a $3.00 item and walk out spending $125 in corals etc.,.... Maybe the gray hairs are finally kicking in and I'm being a little more conservative ,... everything looking ok tank wise nonetheless :)

LOL, I know the feeling! The other day I walked into the LFS with the intention of getting an Emerald Crab. Nope, not two three four, ONE emerald crab. Half hour later, I walk out with a Cleaner Shrimp, three Mexican Turbo Snails, and five Red Leg Hermit Crabs. Hey, plans change right? LOL

I hope the tank is doing well! :D

We no longer have a local LFS. So that has actually helped my wallet.

We ship in corals/fish every now and then, so I get my fix. Also other reefers in the area show up with cool stuff. But I have a very stable population right now so I don't tend to fuss with it.

We no longer have a local LFS. So that has actually helped my wallet.

We ship in corals/fish every now and then, so I get my fix. Also other reefers in the area show up with cool stuff. But I have a very stable population right now so I don't tend to fuss with it.

Greg,... That's kind of my mind set right now too ,... Not saying I'm not totally tempted at things right now either ,..just kind of letting things go in the tank as Mother Nature deems fit,... I do have one rocky ledge where a large chalice croaked out so that area needs to be filled one day ,...but overall I'm just happy watching what corals take off and grow like weeds and which ones just need a little extra care ,... Even though I love hammers and torches I've had very mixed success with them ,...they seem to really take off and grow amazing well then slowly fade away ., I've try not looking at them anymore because I know if I buy one the outcome will not be good :-/ ,... I've Even have gone so far as to delete incoming emails from coral vendors just so I won't be tempted with them,... So goes my saga :)

Just in case anybody was wondering , dropping a Hanna alk tester 4 feet onto my tiled kitchen floor will cause the unit to no longer function,....do not ask how I know this :- /

Just in case anybody was wondering , dropping a Hanna alk tester 4 feet onto my tiled kitchen floor will cause the unit to no longer function,....do not ask how I know this :- /

Thats a real bummer man. Well now you know what not to do right?

Thats a real bummer man. Well now you know what not to do right?

Lol,... Yes Paul I think so,... Funny thing is , about 15 minutes before that happened I had just ordered another bottle of test fluid ,... Needless to say I had to order another Hanna alk test kit too,... I guess I'll have enough fluid to last awhile

Back
Top Bottom