Dary's tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
"Tunze care magnet glass cleaner" ,... It's under salt and maintenance " tools" ...just saw it

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

A fine mustache. I've had mine 45 years! Pain when diving (so I got a aga mask) but it keeps the lip warm.

Nice aquarium!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Lol , re. Mustache ..yep a pain in the butt when snorkeling too,... I use a lot of silicone grease :-/ ,.. I Just cut it down quite a bit too.,... I think I've had mine since I was 6 :) Btw ,thanks for filling me in on the web cams a year or two ago .

Cool. It's a cheap way to keep the old eyeball on the reef.

When I wore a regular mask I used Vaseline which is very greasy. Got use to swimming around with a mask half full of water. With the Aga mask I could chew bubblegum if I wanted to.

So Dary, if you are getting the webcam up and going again, must be time to go to Hawaii?

So Dary, if you are getting the webcam up and going again, must be time to go to Hawaii?

Sean,.. Sad to say not quite yet ..., if everything goes well we got Hawaii scheduled for late September ,... The web cams has just been off line for awhile so I just thought I'd try and re activate them while I had nothing better to do. It's kind of a neat toy to have when someone asks about your tank and you can actually get out your phone and check things out live.
I gotta play around with the other one located at the tanks side , I used the Tunze scraper to clean the glass of a ton of coraline algae so it could actually view inside the tank , but I gotta relocate it in another area so it'll show more of what's happening . :)

You can buy one of those cheap stick on lens kits for camera phones and place the macro or fish eye on the web cam for some unusual views.

I just ordered one of those glass cleaners for the gym tank. Did you get the long or the strong? judging by the "pricey" comment, I'm guessing the strong.

actually i ordered the "long",that was pricey enough for me,... it seems to work pretty well in the areas where you cant quite get to with the regular scrapers,...how long the plastic blades last remains to be seen but im thinking that theyll go fast., im sure the "glass" aquarium owners will do much better with the metal tipped blades.

I have found the only things that remove pink algae from my acrylic tank is blasting and power tools.

I mainly ordered it for the tank at the fitness club I maintain. being an in-wall tank, it has no frontal access, which as you can imagine makes it nearly impossible to clean the outskirts of the front pane effectively. I'm hoping this will solve my problem.

They really aren't into spending. They just want the tank to be presentable and entertain the customers. I'd really like to remove all the coral and just make it a fowlr with some softies running rampant and let them find another maintenance guy, but I would feel for the fish. When I talk to the owner, he's always like "put a shark egg in there...that was cool when the last guy did that. Just before I took the tank over there was a pipe fish in it just swimming around at the top. Very little live rock and probably no pods. I told him those fish are like seahorses yada yada yada. The next day there was a fish net in the tank- submerged, just in there, touching the bottom, laying against the rock. I said , "you dropped your fish net in the tank". He said "it's for the fish to hold on to".

Yikes...that's why I don't like the public. I make a living helping to save their butts and proud to do it, but on a individual basis, not so much... You are very patient.

Last edited by a moderator:
Poor little pipe fish. I just expect everyone I meet to be ignorant unless proven to be otherwise. What happened to the shark egg and pipe fish?

Both dead, of course. He's calmed down with the absurd requests lately though...they just like the tank to be interesting, and with a fowlr with brown rocks void of any life and two four year old 150 watt halides over a 6' tank, you can imagine how exciting it was, so they wanted additions to keep things interesting.
Now they have a reef tank with corals growing and things ever changing...I think they are satisfied with the simple fact that they never knew fish could live this long.

There are some tank owners that would be better off with inflatable fish. Just tie them off with a bit of fishing line and that Emperor Angel becomes much easier to take care of. P-)

Back
Top Bottom