Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 11-13-2012, 01:00 PM   #1291
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlsardina
Glad to hear everything is good and your alien is doing better. Lol
Hi Jodi !!! It's been awhile since I've heard from you,..hope all's well ,.i haven't been on the forum very much in the last couple of months so I've probably missed a lot of what was happening around here ,..the last time I remember ,..you were selling off some of your stock and maybe relocating? Hopefully all that is past and you're tank is a happy thriving community,..as I mentioned above ,.my tank seems to be running fine ,either that or everything has adapted well to the Martian like conditions either or,it's doing well.
Let us know what's going on in Jodi's aquatic world.,..IMO you've always been in that upper status level and someone that we can all learn from..... Standing by for wisdom !!

Old 11-15-2012, 04:54 PM   #1292
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to Jlsardina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dary421

Hi Jodi !!! It's been awhile since I've heard from you,..hope all's well ,.i haven't been on the forum very much in the last couple of months so I've probably missed a lot of what was happening around here ,..the last time I remember ,..you were selling off some of your stock and maybe relocating? Hopefully all that is past and you're tank is a happy thriving community,..as I mentioned above ,.my tank seems to be running fine ,either that or everything has adapted well to the Martian like conditions either or,it's doing well.
Let us know what's going on in Jodi's aquatic world.,..IMO you've always been in that upper status level and someone that we can all learn from..... Standing by for wisdom !!
Well I haven't set up a personal tank again- but I designated a tank at the shop for myself. Lol. I've done a lot of fragging lately though so I've gained some new knowledge in that department.
I don't know about being in the upper status knowledge for our little hobby- I'm just a nerd with a desire to learn. Lol

One of my frag tanks...

Glad to hear everything has been doing so well for your tank. I haven't been on here much lately either as I have been busy with the shop and work.

Old 11-23-2012, 04:24 PM   #1293
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlsardina

Well I haven't set up a personal tank again- but I designated a tank at the shop for myself. Lol. I've done a lot of fragging lately though so I've gained some new knowledge in that department.
I don't know about being in the upper status knowledge for our little hobby- I'm just a nerd with a desire to learn. Lol

One of my frag tanks...

Glad to hear everything has been doing so well for your tank. I haven't been on here much lately either as I have been busy with the shop and work.
Wow... Nice looking frag tank,...don't cut yourself short,..you're a diva in the tank world
Old 11-23-2012, 05:29 PM   #1294
Aquarium Advice Addict

Tank of the Month Award

Hey Dary...hope you had a good turkey day. I am soaking in saltwater after doing some plumbing in the fish room. There sure is a "pretty side" and a "less pretty side" to this hobby!
Old 11-23-2012, 06:31 PM   #1295
Aquarium Advice Addict

[QUOTE="Gregcoyote"]Hey Dary...hope you had a good turkey day. I am soaking in saltwater after doing some plumbing in the fish room. There sure is a "pretty side" and a "less pretty side" to this hobby![/QUOte
Lol,...yep I'm reminded of that glamour every week when I do my pwc ,.. The other week I was soaking a little pump in vinegar to clean it out,.I decided to plug it in to circulate the vinegar thru the unit ,.well, it shot a stream of vinegar three feet directly into my left eye,... Truly a marvelous shot !!
After a quick dash to the sink to rinse my eye out all I could do was shake my head and laugh,... Yep " the pretty side" lol
As far as thanksgiving goes, I had probably the best one I can ever remember.,.hope you had the same
Old 12-19-2012, 05:08 PM   #1296
Aquarium Advice Addict

I had just finished the very last of my Xmas shopping and I stopped at my lfs to purchase another bucket of salt,... I was laughing to myself saying just go in grab a bucket of salt and get the heck out, do not go near the corals and do not look at the monti's .... Unfortunately , the salt is located about ten feet from where the monti's live so OF COURSE I ended up looking them over and bought this interesting little piece ,... It's prob about 5-6" across and mike my buddy at the store knocked off about $20 from the regular price,...with all it's little arms jetting out I figured in a year or so she may look pretty interesting ,..nothing like Greg's spiral cut ham monti but for me it was an interesting investment for the future ,... Couldn't beat the price even if I was tapped out from Xmas but what the heck I think maybe the humuhumu needed a present too... The colors in the pictures really suck but you'll get a idea,... Hope everyone has a wonderful holiday !!!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-741264538.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	136.9 KB
ID:	138615   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1378647626.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	141.1 KB
ID:	138616  

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-349454140.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	118.9 KB
ID:	138617  
Old 12-19-2012, 05:34 PM   #1297
Aquarium Advice Addict

Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dary421 View Post
I had just finished the very last of my Xmas shopping and I stopped at my lfs to purchase another bucket of salt,... I was laughing to myself saying just go in grab a bucket of salt and get the heck out, do not go near the corals and do not look at the monti's .... Unfortunately , the salt is located about ten feet from where the monti's live so OF COURSE I ended up looking them over and bought this interesting little piece ,... It's prob about 5-6" across and mike my buddy at the store knocked off about $20 from the regular price,...with all it's little arms jetting out I figured in a year or so she may look pretty interesting ,..nothing like Greg's spiral cut ham monti but for me it was an interesting investment for the future ,... Couldn't beat the price even if I was tapped out from Xmas but what the heck I think maybe the humuhumu needed a present too... The colors in the pictures really suck but you'll get a idea,... Hope everyone has a wonderful holiday !!!!!
Same to you Dary. I love caps. This one looks grape colored, is it?
Old 12-19-2012, 06:41 PM   #1298
Aquarium Advice Addict

Actually greg it's the pinkest color like your spiral cut ham monti .. my led's plays havoc with the iphone colors ...( except greens!)
Old 12-19-2012, 07:18 PM   #1299
Aquarium Advice Addict

Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dary421 View Post
Actually greg it's the pinkest color like your spiral cut ham monti .. my led's plays havoc with the iphone colors ...( except greens!)
I don't run as much blue light so my photos seem to be okay. My Idaho grape monti cap is getting thick. It grows differently than my other caps seem to. It is my first one, so I am not sure what to expect from it. It's purple color is pretty amazing. My purple Cerealis Acropora is growing fast. It is about the size of a baseball so far. I don't intend on fragging it until it is soccer ball sized. It is remarkable after all these years to be now able to grow things like this.
Old 12-19-2012, 07:41 PM   #1300
Aquarium Advice Addict

It looks awesome!!! I'm jealous.

needmorecowbell is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

« Blank canvas | - »