Dary's tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I whine a lot. It's really not too hard to keep in balance. The problem is this is a hobby you can't put in the closet for 6 months like a pair of snow skis or my scuba equipment. You have to apply yourself everyday for years and in my case, decades. That is VERY hard to do. Even a garden can be left alone for a while without damage.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1428616420.402659.jpg kind of a rare moment when " dougie " the coral crab came out to try and catch a piece of mysis floating by :)

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Big skirmish avoided last nite when my banded shrimp decided to try and invade " dougie's" coral cavern and try and pick out bits and pieces of mysis etc that I had tried to inject near " dougie ".., I think my presence spooked the shrimp for now .... " dougie "The crab stood its ground tho... :)ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1428932211.382047.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1428932229.371442.jpg

Uhoh....Those coral banded's can be pretty tough. I had one that took out a larger Arrow crab in a fight to the death that reminded me a lot of "Jason And The Argonauts".

Uhoh....Those coral banded's can be pretty tough. I had one that took out a larger Arrow crab in a fight to the death that reminded me a lot of "Jason And The Argonauts".

yeah, I've gotten rid of two of them because they began to hunt the other tank inhabitants.
when I saw the last one grab my mandarin by the head and tail and I had to break it up, that was the last straw.
luckily my mandarin has now healed up, she grew back her upper lip that got torn off, and only has a minor scar on her head now.

It's been kind if a busy week with the arrival of my bro al from Florida ,.. Preparing for our yellowtail fishing trip on Monday and getting fitted for contacts last Monday ,... Also accidentally knocked a jar of alk solution into my tank too :-/ , a quick pwc averted disaster there thank goodness ,... No more aggressive behavior from the banded shrimp towards dougie the coral crab that I've seen ( pun intended now that I have my contacts :) ) but overall all's ok on the pacific side

Well it's been an interesting week or two here in balmy San Diego ,... First off , I celebrated my 63 rd birthday last Tuesday and my head still hurts :)., and after 63 years of trying very hard not to stick things in your eyes I'm on week two of wearing contacts ,.. Wow they're nice when they're in but it's trying to get them in sometimes is really challenging for me ,..everyone says it'll get easier over time but I'm wondering ,... It was crazy the first time I went grocery shopping and left my " readers" in the car !!! Amazing !! my eyes now seem a little more sensitive to walking outside into the bright sun light so thank goodness for nice sunglasses. The way my contact prescription was formulated I'll still need a light weight set of " readers" for really fine print but overall it's soooo much nicer. ( so far ) :-/
I found some replacement plastic blades for my tunze algae scraper and boy what a difference a fresh blade makes ,it's like trying to shave with the same old dull razor blade for a couple of weeks then popping in a new " fusion" track five blade ,..makes a world of difference.
The tank is seemingly staying rather stable and everything looks like it's doing well and "knock on wood " no issues as of late

Happy 63rd Dary, I can only hope I can keep on truckin' along as well as you when I reach that bend in the road

Happy 63rd Dary, I can only hope I can keep on truckin' along as well as you when I reach that bend in the road

Thank you ,... Just trying to keep that " bend" in the road from turning into a " dead end " :)

I think 46 is the new 60 actually. My joints are proof!

Dang guys I'm only 28 and my knees are already jacked. Guess that's the price you pay doing flooring for a living. Happy birthday by the way man!

Back
Top Bottom