Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-04-2013, 09:02 PM   #1311
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregcoyote View Post

I have tried my best to provide my insight. It makes me mad that many on this forum have 2-3 pieces of coral and are all experts. I am growing 50 different species and have been doing so longer than these newbies have been alive. Arguing the same old topics over and over again. Tangs in a nano were the last straw. Will check in on you now and then, but as for advice, no more from me. These idiots are on their own.
I hope I didn't cause any of this. I've valued everything you said and I apologize if it didn't seem like it. You were actually an inspiration to me, your diving experience and tank experience make me jealous. Again, sorry.

And dary, you're tank sounds like its doing great.. Have you ever had any algae problems? Btw, you're an inspiration to me as well, hope I don't sound like an idiot to you either.

needmorecowbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 09:15 PM   #1312
Aquarium Advice Addict

Tank of the Month Award

I am too sensitive. In my job I argue with people all day long regarding life and death issues. The only reason I keep coming back is for folks like Dary and even you. Going to go have a cocktail. This forum needs more cow bell...

Old 01-04-2013, 09:23 PM   #1313
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
I am too sensitive. In my job I argue with people all day long regarding life and death issues. The only reason I keep coming back is for folks like Dary and even you. Going to go have a cocktail. This forum needs more cow bell...
Lol phew, I was going to be a bit upset if I caused a great person like yourself to leave. Well hope your cocktail is a good one, and thanks.
needmorecowbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 09:37 PM   #1314
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by needmorecowbell View Post

I hope I didn't cause any of this. I've valued everything you said and I apologize if it didn't seem like it. You were actually an inspiration to me, your diving experience and tank experience make me jealous. Again, sorry.

And dary, you're tank sounds like its doing great.. Have you ever had any algae problems? Btw, you're an inspiration to me as well, hope I don't sound like an idiot to you either.
You are wise well beyond your years,...thanks for chiming in re. Greg,..it doesn't matter where you go ,there's always people who know everything and refuse to listen,...they are the losers and will never benefit from the knowledge that Greg and others try to pass on,., I myself love listening to people who thru out the years have acquired so much hands on knowledge and are willing to pass it on to myself and others for free!!! Kind of like going to college online,...and yes,..we need more cowbells !!!!
Old 01-04-2013, 10:03 PM   #1315
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
So far they don't seem to care at all. I am running over 500 gallons and have a in line heater that is obviously not cutting it.
Are you on any other forums? Want to stay in contact, but I have about had it, again, with the children on this forum.
Hope the feeling passes. I too look forward to your input and advice. I hope to some day have a fraction of the success you have in your beautiful reef. Hope to hear you on here again sooner rather than later.

Sorry didn't mean to jack your thread Dary. Btw how is your big green alien mycediium chalice doing? Hope it and all else is well.
Old 01-04-2013, 10:14 PM   #1316
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keithhjs View Post

Hope the feeling passes. I too look forward to your input and advice. I hope to some day have a fraction of the success you have in your beautiful reef. Hope to hear you on here again sooner rather than later.

Sorry didn't mean to jack your thread Dary. Btw how is your big green alien mycediium chalice doing? Hope it all else is well.
Alien chalice and everything else doing well, thank you.... Never a jacking of this thread,..I think things like this issue are very important to the welfare of our forum and a way to say thanks to those who take the time to educate us.
Old 01-04-2013, 11:48 PM   #1317
Aquarium Advice Addict

Tank of the Month Award

Dary, it's not all success. I had a big growing piece of capricornus that started to die from the center out. No sign of nudibrancs and the thing died before I could get a dip for it. All other caps are fine. Still a mystery.
Old 01-04-2013, 11:57 PM   #1318
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregcoyote
Dary, it's not all success. I had a big growing piece of capricornus that started to die from the center out. No sign of nudibrancs and the thing died before I could get a dip for it. All other caps are fine. Still a mystery.
What dip do you use? The first dips I ever used were just Loguls in a bowl of tank water back about 12 years ago.
Old 01-05-2013, 12:02 AM   #1319
Aquarium Advice Addict

Tank of the Month Award

I used Revive, it smells like Pine Sol. Works great for pests, but this cap died in just 24 hours. Should have tried a freshwater dip, but was just leaving to go out of town. When I got back just a clean skeleton was left.
Old 01-05-2013, 12:10 AM   #1320
Aquarium Advice Addict

Revive, huh. I'll definitely check it out. Thank you.

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com