Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
 
Old 01-04-2013, 09:02 PM   #1311
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
needmorecowbell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: pittsburgh
Posts: 3,638
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregcoyote View Post

I have tried my best to provide my insight. It makes me mad that many on this forum have 2-3 pieces of coral and are all experts. I am growing 50 different species and have been doing so longer than these newbies have been alive. Arguing the same old topics over and over again. Tangs in a nano were the last straw. Will check in on you now and then, but as for advice, no more from me. These idiots are on their own.
I hope I didn't cause any of this. I've valued everything you said and I apologize if it didn't seem like it. You were actually an inspiration to me, your diving experience and tank experience make me jealous. Again, sorry.

And dary, you're tank sounds like its doing great.. Have you ever had any algae problems? Btw, you're an inspiration to me as well, hope I don't sound like an idiot to you either.
__________________

needmorecowbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 09:15 PM   #1312
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Gregcoyote's Avatar



Tank of the Month Award
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Columbia, Missouri
Posts: 8,188
I am too sensitive. In my job I argue with people all day long regarding life and death issues. The only reason I keep coming back is for folks like Dary and even you. Going to go have a cocktail. This forum needs more cow bell...
__________________

__________________
Gregcoyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 09:23 PM   #1313
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
needmorecowbell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: pittsburgh
Posts: 3,638
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregcoyote View Post
I am too sensitive. In my job I argue with people all day long regarding life and death issues. The only reason I keep coming back is for folks like Dary and even you. Going to go have a cocktail. This forum needs more cow bell...
Lol phew, I was going to be a bit upset if I caused a great person like yourself to leave. Well hope your cocktail is a good one, and thanks.
needmorecowbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 09:37 PM   #1314
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Dary421's Avatar


 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: San Diego,ca
Posts: 2,459
Quote:
Originally Posted by needmorecowbell View Post

I hope I didn't cause any of this. I've valued everything you said and I apologize if it didn't seem like it. You were actually an inspiration to me, your diving experience and tank experience make me jealous. Again, sorry.

And dary, you're tank sounds like its doing great.. Have you ever had any algae problems? Btw, you're an inspiration to me as well, hope I don't sound like an idiot to you either.
You are wise well beyond your years,...thanks for chiming in re. Greg,..it doesn't matter where you go ,there's always people who know everything and refuse to listen,...they are the losers and will never benefit from the knowledge that Greg and others try to pass on,., I myself love listening to people who thru out the years have acquired so much hands on knowledge and are willing to pass it on to myself and others for free!!! Kind of like going to college online,...and yes,..we need more cowbells !!!!
__________________
Dary421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 10:03 PM   #1315
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Keithhjs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: California
Posts: 1,673
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregcoyote View Post
So far they don't seem to care at all. I am running over 500 gallons and have a in line heater that is obviously not cutting it.
Are you on any other forums? Want to stay in contact, but I have about had it, again, with the children on this forum.
Hope the feeling passes. I too look forward to your input and advice. I hope to some day have a fraction of the success you have in your beautiful reef. Hope to hear you on here again sooner rather than later.

Sorry didn't mean to jack your thread Dary. Btw how is your big green alien mycediium chalice doing? Hope it and all else is well.
__________________
Keithhjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 10:14 PM   #1316
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Dary421's Avatar


 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: San Diego,ca
Posts: 2,459
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keithhjs View Post

Hope the feeling passes. I too look forward to your input and advice. I hope to some day have a fraction of the success you have in your beautiful reef. Hope to hear you on here again sooner rather than later.

Sorry didn't mean to jack your thread Dary. Btw how is your big green alien mycediium chalice doing? Hope it all else is well.
Alien chalice and everything else doing well, thank you.... Never a jacking of this thread,..I think things like this issue are very important to the welfare of our forum and a way to say thanks to those who take the time to educate us.
__________________
Dary421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 11:48 PM   #1317
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Gregcoyote's Avatar



Tank of the Month Award
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Columbia, Missouri
Posts: 8,188
Dary, it's not all success. I had a big growing piece of capricornus that started to die from the center out. No sign of nudibrancs and the thing died before I could get a dip for it. All other caps are fine. Still a mystery.
__________________
Gregcoyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 11:57 PM   #1318
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
CorallineAlgae's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 3,115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregcoyote
Dary, it's not all success. I had a big growing piece of capricornus that started to die from the center out. No sign of nudibrancs and the thing died before I could get a dip for it. All other caps are fine. Still a mystery.
What dip do you use? The first dips I ever used were just Loguls in a bowl of tank water back about 12 years ago.
__________________
CorallineAlgae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 12:02 AM   #1319
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Gregcoyote's Avatar



Tank of the Month Award
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Columbia, Missouri
Posts: 8,188
I used Revive, it smells like Pine Sol. Works great for pests, but this cap died in just 24 hours. Should have tried a freshwater dip, but was just leaving to go out of town. When I got back just a clean skeleton was left.
__________________
Gregcoyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 12:10 AM   #1320
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
CorallineAlgae's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 3,115
Revive, huh. I'll definitely check it out. Thank you.
__________________

__________________
CorallineAlgae is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off








» Photo Contest Winners







Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:34 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.